I'm not really sure how to react to this. As far as I'm concerned, I'm in the market for a good flight sim. I could not care less if the devs were polite or a-holes, as long as the product was good and they delivered. Their moral compass is their problem. However, as a member of the "community," I must admit that I agree that the general atmosphere has become hostile as of late. Sure, there is blame to be had on both sides, but really, if nobody develops flight sims anymore, it is the community that is on the losing side, not the devs who can move on and make different games.
In other words, we should support the flight sim developer in general no matter what? If im going to support something just for the sake of it, the minimum requirement i have is that i even slightly like the devs. As off now i have zero respect for them due to their public nuclear meltdowns on a regular basis. They are not acting like developers they are acting like a flight sim know it all forum member who want everyone to play the game the way they do because thats the only right way. They have no business being in the development end of a flight sim.
Maby Oleg could host a work shop on the do`s and dont`s. No.1 in my book,
DO NOT argue with forum members in public, especially not individual members (Jason anyone?) Its extremely unprofessional.