Just a humble suggestion. Is there any way not to show what opposing aircraft you're gonna face? Adds more mystery.
Also, I haven't messed with the mission builder in a long time, so I'm not sure what is possible, but can you make it so the aircraft don't show up in the mission until they are close to the player's flight? Sorta like the existing campaign engine. Would that help performance?
Actually, as I typed that out, I realized that I don't believe that's possible. You'd have to fly over a trigger, and there's no way to "randomly" set one where an enemy "might" be. If the player goes off the beaten (waypoint) path, there would be no triggers. Damn.
Anyway, great utility here, it's really the only reason I still play ROF.
"Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals, so that security and liberty may prosper together." -Dwight D Eisenhower