Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Man who pulled out of the Titan sub.... an experimental plane he built himself

OH MY! AN EXPERIMENTAL PLANE?? That he built HIMSELF?

This is what passes for journalism. Thousands of people build and fly their own "experimental" aircraft, including my personal physician. Nothing daredevil, death wish insane about it as is implied.


Quote
Bloom said he understood that Rush had "a different risk appetite than I do. I'm a pilot, I have my helicopter pilot's license, I wouldn't get into an experimental aircraft," he said.


There are even pilots who apparently don't understand the experimental aircraft category.


Bloom may understand the category perfectly well, and doesn't wish to trust maintenance / modifications being done by someone who isn't a formally trained/licensed A&P mechanic.


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions