Helmute von Hammer
Hauptmann,
Jasta 4, JG 1
8 Victory's
Marcke , France.


Oct 5, 1917.

I awoke to see a familiar face and started to remember How I got here. We were on Escort for 2 Rumplers on a Photo mapping of the lines in Heavy cloud cover. Ambush, 5 or 6 Camels hit us just about all at one time. I took fire then kicked into a port turn when a Camel dropped on my tail. Taking hits I flicked over in a spin, but his bullets caught me in the lower leg. Spinning down over one of our forward Airfields, I was able to level out as our Flack opened up and chased the Englishman away. As I was pulled out of the machine I spotted over 18 holes. I later heard that we Lost Lt. Kinner's a/c for Zero claims. The doc said I wold be down for 9 days.
Attachments
10068-8503 nurse disel.gif CFS3 2017-10-05 08-49-17-55.jpg CFS3 2017-10-05 08-49-36-07.jpg

Last edited by carrick58; 10/05/17 04:16 PM.