[quote=DetCord]...
Malibu - do a search for the Virtual Blue Angels F/A-18 for FSX. It's a really big improvement over the Acceleration Hornet. If you can't find it drop me a PM and I'll see if I can upload it to Dropbox or something.
I actually downloaded their stuff a while back but eventually uninstalled it because I wasn't flying the FA-18 much. I may look at it again. I have this weird thing about duplicate versions of the same aircraft, and I was kinda bummed that the FSX Blue Angels stuff installs in addition to the default Acceleration F-18's, rather than over-writing/improving the Acceleration stuff. That's just a personal preference thing, though.
Malibu,
I'd make your next payware purchase the Superbug and Tacpack, as they offer (IMHO) the best naval ops of any sim out there at the moment.
The bug is just awesome, and Tacpack features an overhauled version of AI carriers that even offers a pitching deck!
One of the things I haven't bought into yet, is combat in FSX. I just feel like there are combat sims that do it better (with a "full" combat environment). Specifically, in the case of an FA-18C or E, I'd rather hold out for the Coretex F-18E for DCS. Given the amount of time I have to learn new flight sim stuff, I'd probably just be figuring out how to land the VRS Super Bug on a carrier in FSX by the time Coretex Super Bug comes out. So I'd rather wait for the whole enchilada.
For now I'm going to continue exploring freeware options. I just found a CV-10 at Sim-outhouse to land my Aircraft Factory F4U on...