Originally Posted By: kludger
Originally Posted By: Ryujin
Cool bronco paintjob, didn't know they used broncos for that.


That may be a bit of creative license on my part...

I know the California Dept of Forestry uses them for forest fire spotting in the summer, so I am just guessing they do it for avalanche spotting too in the winter biggrin


Not to drift OT, but one of the Cal Fire Broncos and 2 of the S2 Trackers hang out near by in Hollister during the summer. Here is a shot from Google Maps.



They were leaving the airport when I was arriving for my first solo XC flight. It made me feel like a "big boy" to be talking on the radio with them.

Growing up in Central CA, I was very used to the sight of large clouds of smoke, followed by an OV-10, followed by P2V's and C-130's every summer.


Sager NP8671 17.3" Notebook, i74720HQ (3.6GHz), GTX 970M (3.0GB), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB 7200RPM HD, TrackIR 4, CH HOTAS and rudder pedals