I spent some time trying to make them not launch missiles in the ground. attack_altitude works fine if AI taking cover position and only after that engage enemy (I'm increased altitude to 15m btw), but sometimes they launching weapons on the wing (against airborne targets I suppose) and there is a good chance that missile will hit ground or water.
Ok, I figured there must be different scenarios because I could see them occasionally firing from a low position. Thanks for the adjustment. Hopefully in the future, the AI engagements will get more realistic (laser beam riding, FLIR, etc).
Originally Posted By: thealx
very strange things here. group->default_engage_enemy doesn't used if movement_type = 1 (MOVEMENT_TYPE_AIR), variable value used instead. actually there is four different engage_enemy flags and they all used in different functions, and they all have same name (it's just crazy). I cant completely understand how it really works, maybe after some experiments I will find what causing such troubles.
It's not a high priority. Better to fix other things and get the release out.