Originally Posted By: Comet
One thing I dislike is the fact that now (1.15.2) my heli has a tendency to roll to either side. There's no flying stick anymore. Maybe the real thing works like that too, but I personally found this feature annoying. And I can't turn it Off? Makes it all the more annoying to me. In fact I lost the will to fly in under 10 minutes like that.
Please make it an option I can turn Off. Don't force your personal preferences on others: it's just *bad* practice anyway you look at it.


Hi Comet. First off, I'm not sure why you would think that having an aircraft roll would be a personal preference implemented by a modder? Perhaps, more likely, it is a defect. Which brings me on to the title of this thread, which contains 'for testing'.

It was never put out as a release, and in fact a few months ago I asked that it not be released until it had been tested more and issues resolved. I'm well aware that releases have been put out in the past and introduced more defects.

So you installed a testing release, tested it, and then posted comments. I thank you for doing that, as that's what we would like to see. But now that you have un-installed it, you're not able to provide any further input into the issues you found.

In terms of the FPS drop, which version of the 1.15 release do you use? The OpenAL or Direct Sound one?

What model were you flying when you saw the roll issues?

And as for the documentation, again it's not an official release, so there's no detailed instructions. Did you install the mods after installing this testing release? It could be some files were overwritten.