Can anyone tell me what's the problem-free order of installation of the packages with 1.15.2? Here is the list of what I got, in no particular order: * EECH (the game) * eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe * eech-maps-1.15.0.exe * eech-smoke-1.14.0.exe * eech-terrain-1.15.0.exe * 1.15.2RC3.rar
Now please compile an ordered list of installations for me. Be explicit and detailed. Make it idiot-proof so there's no chance I get it wrong.
It's being difficult to have this sim not freak out for some reason. The latest weird thing I have is this:
1) Free Flight. Mission start. I sit in the pit. Engines Off.
I have TrackIR5, but for the sake of practicity I'm not using it in these tests. Instead I move the camera with the mouse. Therefore:
2) I hit F1 to ensure the camera is looking forward.
then:
3) I hit F2 to look down at the MFDs and begin the engine start sequence.
and you won't believe it:
4) in a second, the chopper (a Comanche) starts shaking violently, to the extent it makes micro jumps that move the chopper away from the starting spot. It also easily change bearing. Feels like an earthquake. I remark that the engines are Off.
but if:
5) I hit F1 again, the shaking comes to a halt within a couple of seconds.
I'm serious. I repeat points 3 to 5 at will, always the same result. The very same phenomenon occurs if I Alt-Tab to desktop and then back into the game. Upon reentering it's a shake fest until I look forward for a while.
This was installed as follow: 1. EECH 2. eech-allmods-1.15.0.exe 3. 1.15.2RC3.rar 4. eech-smoke-1.14.0.exe
I'm forced to install #2 or the game crashes on loading for failing to find a required file (PayBla.psd). I'm forced to install #4 for the same reason (but the file is a "smoke fire" something, don't remember). Apparently I can avoid to install maps and terrain.
-----
This glitch strongly reminds me of one I had with X-Plane 7, long ago. X-plane's simulation is heavily bound to performance. You need to sustain a high framerate as an indicator that you have excess power in good measure. Why? Because the physics simulator (actually a Fluid simulator) requires to calculate a number of samples over a given time period. This prerequisite _must_ be met at all times, or the aircraft will start shaking violently to the point you can't keep it anymore, and either you stall and crash down or your control surfaces get ripped apart (if you allow for that degree of realism). (note: I don't know if X-Plane 10 now does thigns differenly. And it doesn't matter)
In my case the X-Plane problem occurred because (at the time) I had an Intel Pentium III CPU 1.0 GHz. Too slow to handle the simulation, period. On a faster CPU the shaking disappeared completely.
Now here I am with EECH and a problem that again screams of me not having enough horsepower. But this time around I got an Intel Core2 Quad (Q9650) CPU (4x 3.0 GHz cores), coupled with a Zotac GeForce GTX 770.
So back to the initial question:
Can anyone tell me what's the problem-free order of installation of the packages with 1.15.2? Be explicit and detailed. Make it idiot-proof so there's no chance I get it wrong.