1. Wind is too strong - I have already changed that. 2. Altitude is very high? In 1918 the low flights were going in at 13000 feet with high flights stacked to 20000. Note to self - make altitude type dependent. 3. Overrev on DRI. Probably due to 105 MPH flight speed for scouts. That was OK before the DRI and Camel (N17 does not figure as the campaign starts in Sept 1919) but not anymore. I had a todo to make this aircraft dependent but I will have to expedite that. 4. Poor performance - currently undocumented feature is RoFCampaign.config in the \RofCampaign\Data folder. You can change the base number of allied and entente flights. Random element is not yet changeable. Suggest setting friendly flights to zero to eliminate some of the load. I want to add a configuration screen that will allow the user to customize as much as possible. 5. Bad spawn points. This is either bad airfield configuration or I am backing the aircraft up too far. Not much that I can do about the first one other than move the squadron. The second I can fix. Please PM me with the squadron name and airfield.
6. Skies are too empty. Some notes on the mission generator and some ideas as to where it could go.
The mission generator is coded to generate possible "opposition" flights while others are totally random. The odds of generating an opposition flight is 30%. Opposition flights will fly near the player's waypoints while other flights will not. I can make opposition flight odds configurable, allowing players to increase the odds. I can also improve the opposition flight algorithm to increase odds of contact.
All missions originate within a certain radius of the player's airfield. No need to waste CPU on a flight in Verdun when you are in Flanders. However, I can improve mission generation by throwing away "garbage" flights - flights that are so far from the player as to make an encounter unrealistic.
Mission pathing will be ongoing. I have ideas and confidence that I can create a high likelihood of encounters without sacrificing the random element.
Thanks for the feedback.
great stuff - thx a lot for your hard work, realy looking foreward to your next versions