Originally Posted By: bongodriver

Not sure what you mean, it just was debunked, and I have no idea why you keep thinking about evil conspiracies.


What was debunked bongo... ? Are you saying that this:

Quote:
First, we are not stepping away from Occulus support. You are taking Loft's statement a little far. We are simply not pursuing it as hard as we were ............. right now we need to be focused on completing our project with as few distractions as possible........ We've made a big effort to support OR so far. However, until the hardware is up the job and the requirements are easily understood we are not going to release support for it publicly. There is a lot of hype surrounding OR and it is a going to be a good product and probably a successful one assuming devs support it. But supporting it, at least in this early stages is pretty complex work and we need to keep our eye on the prize.

.. was "debunked" ... ? How can that be debunked? What is there to debunk?

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Redd

Just a figure of speech old boy. Nothing personal, I don't visit your forums so I wouldn't know if the topic was started or not. I apologize if I offended and in no way was I questioning your honesty.
I think the limitations of the engine have a large effect on sales. Folk would love to see a "busy" battlefield, large ground war etc. The dx9 engine is restrictive in that respect as well as limited number of air assets. Gaming is heading full steam into dx11 and dx12. The limitations of dx9 has and will continue to be a topic on your forums and the wider market


Fair nuff..as for the DX9 engine.. from what I have heard it is not as limited as some think.. I am not qulkified to speak from a technical standpoint on the specifics though.


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.