Originally Posted By: Vulture
I'd love to see MIM-14B Nike Hercules. It would great be to learn Western SAM system. Besides, the manuals for this system are available on various websites, launch videos for sounds are also available. You can also find people who used to work on it. If you need pictures maybe SF-88 museum can help you?

@wasfa - why do you consider this system a joke? Because it had illuminated buttons instead of two-way switches? Something that some cockpits designed 40 years later have been criticized to be lacking? Or because it had an instrument showing how many missiles there were left?
Originally Posted By: Hpasp
I would certainly not consider it as a joke, with W31 boosted fission warhead, a 4 miles (7.5km) miss is considered 100% kill.

Red stripe means 40kt...
behindcouch



Perhaps this is what I was meaning,
we have a popular example who said "Bad Tailor prolong always the sewing thread !" (he consumed much more sewing thread then a good tailor!)

I don't know why, but just looking to the stuff of this system feel me as an "Bad system's efficiency",
that's why they need very larger destruction zone, to fill up the difference.
(a 4 miles (7.5km) miss is considered 100% kill.))
it's really crazy, it's a "Mass Destruction Weapon", not any more an "Air Defense Missile System".

Is there any credible information about real launching tests, or any real launching situations, or even combat ??
(for conventional war head, I'm not asking for nuclear war heads !)

Hpasp,
Can you put us in the real picture of this system !. (if you have a time for that !)