Would you be interested in collaborating with me on a project to visualize SAM simulator engagement data? I have a little experience with modeling, but I am far more experienced (and, frankly, better) at programming. I already have part of a graphics system implemented, but I would quite like help with the modelling part. There are dozens of different vehicles and systems just to get the basics of the systems, never mind the whole battery.
A question I had (for everyone, really) is would you like SAM simulator 3D (or whatever) to be a stand-aside application, or a plugin into another program. The advantages of the stand-aside, where the 3D engine runs alongside the core SAM simulator is somewhat evident, as Hpasp could use it to drive something like the Shilka. Disadvantages include that it would take forever to finish, and probably wouldn't end up looking as nice. The advantages of using a plugin, probably to something like MSFS or X-Plane, are also quite evident. It would allow you to shoot at your friends (it's all fun and games until someone gets a V880N up their tailpipe, or more accurately, within 500 meters), as well as taking something like a quarter as long and most likely ending up looking nicer, but would be misery to get to run in SAM simulator, and would force you to own the supporting game.