Originally Posted By: Philip_ed
Luthier has said that they are in a position where the game will continue to be supported whether the community likes it or not. Whether one can pick this apart to continue to suggeest the game is in a difficult situation is anyone's choice, but clearly the game will continue to be developed and most likely will be around for a long time.

Is this pure conjecture? Conjecture with more substantial truth, maybe, which arguably holds more weight than pure speculation. wink

I think most people here hold interesting views (whether they diverge from one trend of fan-boyism and converge to another) however whilst such discussions can be interesting, history does show that future development updates do make such topics rather redundant.



Interesting post Phil . Speculation.. this is the place for it cheers Ok so here I go. How can they continue development without community support? They must be getting sponsored

by someone. Maybe the Russian Federation is subsidizing them! Wow! This product is considered important to the security of the Russian state! Ok thats maybe a little far fetched but

could it be the IL2 series is rather highly revered in their country? It must be IL2 is a popular name in Russia. Ask a hundred Russians if they have heard of the IL2 computer game

maybe a lot of them would say 'DA!!' with enthusiasm.. I actually like that. If you asked a hundred Americans the same question well.. Even if you asked 100,000 Americans you would be

lucky if one had even heard of it. As a Combat flight sim hobbyist I am not too happy with that. I like what you said about moving from one trend of fan boyism to another.

Personally I was hoping as the game gets better with patches and additions I could move from a distraction/detraction view to a more fanboyistic view. Of course there are those

that are determined to label you "once a hater always a hater" but I wont be deterred. Could it be CoD is serving a more strategic purpose than most of us have believed?? Stay tuned.

Last edited by commorange; 08/07/11 08:37 PM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.