Originally Posted By: falstaff
Chivas said:

Quote:
I doubt very much that all the COD modelers are working on the next game.


Like so many aspects of this game, we simply have no idea, none.

Quote:
I have no doubt they have a portion of the team working on the next sim, but the majority have to be still working on COD,


Again, we have no idea.

Quote:
considering the amount of work still required to finish the sim.


...on this we can agree smile

...but it doesn't follow that because there's a lot to be fixed, it will be fixed. There may be a strong element of 'cutting losses' with this one and moving on to a re-vamped version asap. It might depend on what publishing and financing agreements are in place, and also on sales figures, cut-offs etc.

Or they might be sorting it all out, and introducing the missing dynamic campaign and dynamic weather, and re-doing the lnsdscape for the existing game. Again, we have no idea. But I'm not overly optimistic on previous evidence.

Ben



The developer/publishers new exactly what the condition of the sim would be on release and the negative publicity it would generate. If the publishers/developers plan was to cut their loses and run they would have a done a same date world wide release. They didn't and kept working on the sim. I'm not saying that the plan won't change as I was surprised at the toxic venum directed at a developer who has delivered so much for so long.


Intel core I7 4790K @ 4.4
Asus Maximus Hero VII Motherboard
16 gigs DDR3 2133
EVGA GTX980Ti
Oculus Rift
LG 37" LCD
BLack Mamba III Joystick
Cougar Throttle/X55 Throttle/Saitek Levers
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls