Excellent idea 5tide.

I considered trying the lastest WW2 RT game Company of Heroes, but when I read that gameplay would be based on securing something akin to build nodes and supply points I balked.

To me, tactical-level battle and maneuver certainly involves protecting one's own lines of communication (and threatening the enemy's), but basing gameplay on seizing or creating supply and building points is more of a strategic-level concept.....like managing a logistical system that is totally beyond the realm of a tactical force leader's responsibilities (again, beyond that of keeping his own supply lines open).

I like the ideas you've forwarded 5tide, on how to allow for the ebb and flow of mobile warfare, while allowing for a reasonable enemy response to the initial contact, through reinforcement and allowing counterattack. Might even consider having a random force multiplier formula enabled, so that neither side would ever know for sure what reinforcement amount(s) were to be expected as the battle raged from one map to the next(?).