@postman, thanks regarding the manual engine management setting. Is it actually OK to change settings via the in-game options menu then? The readme says:
Quote
So if you change settings while the game is running, the game overwrites
them on quit and your changes are gone with no error and no warning.
bdg.txt even documents a case of this against itself:

ENABLE_AUTO_TEXTURE_RES=ON # Change to 'OFF' will affect one session
# only, IOW BoB will write 'ON' back over it.

And:

Quote
So the normal session is: open the launcher, change anything you want
under Settings, press Play. You never touch the in-game options screens,
which clip off the right-hand edge of the window on modern displays.

Maybe I'm misreading something or using the wrong search terms in the all settings list in the launcher, but several like the one above seem to be unavailable there and can only be accessed via the in-game options menu.

Notes on 1.6.26:
- This is something I noticed this occurred with 1.6.24 as well as 1.6.26, sorry I didn't mention it before - when initially completing the 6-step setup wizard process via the launcher, the play option is not selectable, despite the launcher saying the game is ready to play after applying the fixes. I find I have to go into setup wizard again, but at the second step (the one with the screen titled "Get the game running on Windows 11") I have to click on the open install and repair button in order to access the screen titled "How should the game talk to your graphics card?". Then I can proceed to the steps for menu sizing, joystick checks and the frame rate settings summary. After going through these steps, the play option becomes selectable. Because these three steps are not presented during the first run of the setup wizard, other users could miss them altogether unless they go back into the setup wizard or use the install and repair option. Again, I might have missed an instruction in the readme about all this so if so please ignore it.

- Regarding the modern fix launcher desktop shortcut still not appearing: there is another shortcut on the desktop but it's the same style as the original BOB2 one (half roundel / half cross), not the full modern fix RAF roundel one I saw in an earlier release. When trying to load it I get an error message saying the item BOB2.bat that this shortcut refers to has changed or been moved.

- After my first run of the game under 1.6.26, I noticed he Windows 11 flag for HIGHDPIAWARE became visible after checking the install and repair screen again, but clicking on the fix button resolved it, so this seems to work now.

- EDIT: I can confirm seeing the same issue 33lima posted regarding the fix versioning discrepancy on the main menu. Also I've made a correction to the comment about the launcher shortcut above.

Originally Posted by 33lima
BoB2.bat main menu reports dgvoodoo at bottom but refers to 1.6.21, At the top of the screen, it says I'm on 1.6.26 - see pic below.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Loji; 08/23/26 08:05 PM.