I have yet to see an aircraft let alone a hostile one. My longest surviving crew made it to May 1940, and the five or so others maybe to December '39/January '40, which might explain the lack of air attacks (or I'm just "lucky" with RNGeezuz).

I've figured my Loss rate is must be just slightly higher than average losses were in reality (at least compared to what I've read in Paterson's definitive book on the 1st Flotilla) and I can't even imagine getting a crew through late '41, into '42, let alone '43-'44 lol. Yes, playing DiD can be frustrating, but it's still worth it imho given the simple fact the desire for self-preservation is there (even if abstractly) affecting how you plan, operate, order and so on. Pretty cool if you ask me.

o7


Currently simming;
GHPC, Tank Squad, Panzer Elite, and one train sim: Run 8.
Trying to escape Tarkov, and roaming around in Incursion' Red River.

Also, Strat-O-Matic basketball season replay 2024 NBA season (Go Raptors! table-top version...with real dice) Gimme da rock!

"Once again we have failed to die."-- old naval toast