Great, glad it is working well. Pretty much the same for me and no glitchiness. I went with 'normal' mode for this patrol- can always increase if I need to. Didn't bother with the tutorials. I did have a look through the manual but it still doesn't say a whole lot- which is fine by me as I like to discover as I go in sims. My boat is the ancient Type IIA...makes the VII look like a stretch limo. I have four torpedoes (three forward tubes, no stern tube). Dead is dead for me as well (I never had a crew reach 1944 in SHIII).
For now I'm avoiding the use of the time accelerator mainly because I think I've damaged my boat more than meets the eye, and more than what my two engineers can 'see'. After I scraped the sea bed testing the crew dive time, as I headed for open sea, I noted my buoyancy had dropped to 80 from 90. Ran the bilge pump and dried her out. As I reached 1900h, I 'crash' dove to 30m (I'm not in deep water yet and irrc there isn't much in the way over 50m where I'm headed- too much time in SHIII lol), ran under water at 1/3 to allow hydrophone to work. When we surfaced, I ran the bilge until it shut itself off, but the buoyancy had dropped to 70. I'm hoping if I do come across enemy shipping it will be at night and I can do surface runs before heading back to port for repairs. Might be a short career to start.
Last edited by Leaf85; 08/03/24 01:00 AM.