Originally Posted by jerbear
Stumbled onto a new one. Jasta 29 - DVII for Siegfried Westphal is mis-labeled Westphall. Should be Siegfried_Westphal. Westphal is the DVII taking off with the Fleur de Lis on the fuselage.



I understand that the skin name needs to match the pilot name in order for the skin to be used in the game.

Is there any disadvantage to leaving the improperly named skin file where it is? Can I just copy the file with the incorrect spelling to a new file that uses the proper spelling and be OK? In other words, is it bad to have two skin files for one pilot if one of them isn't used anyway because the name is incorrect?

Each time that I reinstall I copy additional skins (obtained from the mods site) into the game. I could just add the corrected ones that have been identified in this thread, copy them in too, and be done. However, this won't work if also leaving the current improperly named files in the game will cause problems.



Last edited by hoongadoonga; 11/14/19 10:37 PM.