Sounds like you took the tour I took on my first visit to Las Vegas. Flew in a Beach King Air over the Hoover Dam to an airstrip on the rim of the Grand Canyon, then a helicopter ride to the bottom of the canyon. From there, took a boat ride down the Colorado river, back in the helicopter for a ride back up to the rim, lunch on the edge of the canyon, what an incredible view. Flew back to Vegas for a night helicopter tour of the strip. I got to do 2 things I always wanted to do, see the Grand Canyon and fly in a helicopter, both on the same day. Best $300.00 I ever spent. I too have it on video (hi-8), still need to get it transferred to DVD.
You did all that for $300??! Wow...
I'll be $300 would get you about 15 minutes in a helo over the strip today...