yes just change the eaw.ini section.
By hand or use a tool, like my tool here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0803xew1fii8ci3/GetRemapKeys.zipthe default is:
"QuickVersion=0" default Quickstart (random mission type)
so change 0 to 2 and you get:
"QuickVersion=2" very small battle size + last selected mission type (single mission setup)'
Also to set your plane type and country you can set in .ini or go into single mission plane selection screen (1.28e era) and slect your plane then go back to main menu and the quick mission
Everything within the eaw.ini can / is actually be controlled via the source code.
.ini files are just text files, and an old programming convention to control settings. I did not invent them .. lol.
If someone wanted they could just program a drop down menu from the main screen, or make a menu. Just like any windows program has a menu.
My intention was to make quick mission window for that. That would also have plane selections, load .msn etc.
That was my whole plan originally.
You see quick missions are different than any other missions.
Due to the way EAW sets up them,
the rules it can use are / can be - different.It is in a way a crossover between singel, campaign and / or online mission.
That is to say aircraft bases, etc, takeoff can spawn outside the frontlines, and so forth.
Mission files can be coded differently, etc.
That is one of the reason the single mission within multiplayer works differently.
MrJelly should know all that since he programmed the single / (fake) multi-mission code and knows all the code in there extensively!. But probably he forgot as so busy over the years.
There is a lot else I forgot also.
For the quick mission (its was not to be instant mission really that is the point) There are even other settings, Knegel made. especially 1.28e era.
I have no time today to find the details. What Ralf wrote
They are probably in the code group forum, but also in readme somewhere.
This is a whole problem about EAW development is so much is barely documented or easily available of the possible mods / changes.
But maybe you can find it.
It works like if you save a series of I think the FS
xxxxxx.msn or whatever save file, in the proper order than each time you run quick mission it will rotate the mission to the next and next, etc.
The fact is you can make a whole mini-campaign or scenario so to speak using that.
Even without it using a folder system if you use your mind you can grasp it is possible to load folders series of missions the game will use - via tool like OAWselect, etc. or just reanme the folder by hand and switch it.
I have not time today sorry very busy.
Remember to always search the forum here. and the archives:
http://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/85/2/EAW.html(unfortunately there is a period in the EAW archives that were lost in a server transfer - so some posts may be missing. I don't remember which years are lost but some where in the mid 2000's I think).
I usually posted some more info when I discovered something or to elaborate on other mods, etc. and so did others.
Laters gators