SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Well it seems this module business is moving up. 3rd developer - DCS MIG21BIS

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87621

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: Sim
Well it seems this module business is moving up. 3rd developer - DCS MIG21BIS

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87621


That's huge news and very exciting to be planned so quickly. I may yet get my DCS Harrier GR7 in my lifetime! smile

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
G
Hotshot
Hotshot
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
It wasn't as much planned so quickly as it was in development and you guys didn't know ... smile


--
44th VFW
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
F
Senior Member
Senior Member
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,737
Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
It wasn't as much planned so quickly as it was in development and you guys didn't know ... smile


So what you're really saying is that the DCS Harrier II is definitely next and you read it first on SimHQ. Cheers!

wink

Congrats on the DCS World - it's looking great so far.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Now THAT I am excited about.

Looks like I may have to get P-51 after all...is it needed?

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
1
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Now THAT I am excited about.

Looks like I may have to get P-51 after all...is it needed?


DCS:World is needed as an install (which is free), obtainable as a download here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/in...135&lang=en

P-51 module is extra and as a consequence you needn't worry about it at all. It is however bags of fun so it's up to you. As said, DCS:World is however a necessity.


Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Nov 1999
Posts: 1,524
Yep, I had DCS world running and the SU-25T flying before purchasing the P-51 module
Cheers
Keith

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Can I ask - with this "DCS world" the impression I got from the image of the Mig-21 (which looked stunning) is that you can fly any aircraft that this company make (and 3rd party devs produce) in a world with any others aircraft. So for example, if I owned P-51, I could jump on a server that may have A-10s and Mig-21s and KA-50s?

Is that the general idea? Because if it is, it is excellent news (Mircoprose hoped for something similar with Gunship!).

Again - I need to read more at DCS forums.

I am very much looking forward to that Mig-21 and whilst I'm not a propellor head and can't really get excited about props, I would love to take down a Black Shark with one :-)

Cheers

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
I've just read this on the P-51 page

"Fly online with built-in server browser that supports up to 32 players in both head-to-head and cooperative gameplay. Fly online with other DCS aircraft like the Black Shark and the A-10C Warthog."

Brilliant news!

Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 297
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 297
BillyRiley, you can connect to any server that has a seat for the plane you have a license for. So if you have a license for P-51, and the server has P-51 slots, you can fly there. Whether there are also slots for planes you don't have is irrelevant in the context - you'll just not be able to fly _those_ planes.

Think of it like what RoF does.

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Knowing what I know now, it's likely I'll buy the P-51 now.

Having not kept up to date with the series or DCS forums (something I'm actively trying to remedy now) I thought it was a stand alone game. Now that you can fly it with other aircraft around - I'm pretty positive about the whole thing now.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: BillyRiley
Knowing what I know now, it's likely I'll buy the P-51 now.

Having not kept up to date with the series or DCS forums (something I'm actively trying to remedy now) I thought it was a stand alone game. Now that you can fly it with other aircraft around - I'm pretty positive about the whole thing now.


Your gonna love Combined arms, too smile

Nate

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
Yeah - reading up on it, I'm impressed and if it ever comes to fruition (I'm being cautious here because of Microprose), then I will be a very happy simmer!

I've just bought P-51 now! I'm gonna setup a mission where a P-51 is fighting a BS or A-10C - can I do that in the mission editor?

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,042
Yes.


ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
Virtual Blue Angels have a "DCS: Bearcat"


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
I like that!

Nate

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632


HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 47
F
ShowTime 100
Junior Member
ShowTime 100
Junior Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 47
I would love them to implement some Wild Weasels, nothing better than going up against the SAMS in a knife fight smile

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
S
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
Skate Zilla Graphics
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 17,632
From my emails between studios,

A-4,
F-4,
F-18,
F-14,
A-7,
F-16,
F-15

and at least 5 other jets from the late 60s early 70s are already �done�, just waiting for DCS to go Gold and some other things.

Last edited by SkateZilla; 05/18/12 07:02 PM.

HAF922, Corsair RM850, ASRock Fata1ity 990FX Pro,
Modified Corsair H100, AMD FX8350 @ 5.31GHz, 16GB G.SKILL@DDR2133,
2x R7970 Lightnings, +1 HD7950 @ 1.1/6.0GHz, Creative XFi Fata1ity Platinum Champ.,
3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns�G HZ201HPB + Acer AL2002 (5760x1080+1600x900+1680x1050), Oculus Rift CV
CH Fighterstick, Pro Throt., Pro Pedals, TM Warthog & MFDs, Fanatec CSR Wheel/Shifter, Elite Pedals
Intensity Pro 10-Bit, TrackIR 4 Pro, WD Black 1.5TB, WD Black 640GB, Samsung 850 500GB, My Book 4TB
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,332 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1