SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
G
Hotshot
Hotshot
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,893
There were screens of other cockpits as well. Not that this matters anyway.

Originally Posted By: tagTaken2
Kind of narrows it down to F-15, 16, 18, hard to believe they still won't announce which one it's going to be, if not which version.
Probably too far-fetched, but there are screens of F-16 cockpit around, wonder if they were doing but cancelled after BMS came out?


--
44th VFW
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
I think the f-16 is well cooked. I'd preorder an apache, f-15c/e or maybe a... Ummmmm... Even an f-18e/f would add some excitement to naval ops. And maybe a different theater of operations would be nice. this combined arms angle is exciting...

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
They have screens of cockpits laying around because if you look the cockpits of AI aircraft in the current games, they're pretty highly detailed.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 137
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 137
I love speculating as much as the next person but I don't have a whole lot of concern whatever comes out.

Honestly, how many were even aware of the Ka-50 before DCS decided to do it? I think It's not about them making sims for the platforms we love, it's about them making us love the platforms they make sims for.

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,397
Originally Posted By: rud24
I think It's not about them making sims for the platforms we love, it's about them making us love the platforms they make sims for.


VERY well put.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted By: rud24
I think It's not about them making sims for the platforms we love, it's about them making us love the platforms they make sims for.


True, same applies to the Eastern front and Il-2. If the product is good enough...

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,656
I agree with rud24 - and in truth, whilst I have my favourites that I'd like, I'd be quite stoked about a relative unknown. I just can't get excited about props.

So whatever they are working on in the jet/helicopter department, I'd be stoked about. Just wish I knew smile

Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
H
Member
Member
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 155
It seems the planes they do are the one's available for inspection. Anything else that is classified would probably be off of the list.


Motherboard: Z87. CPU: 4790K clocked to 4.4Ghz.
Ram: 16Gig Power Supply: 1000 watt Video:GTX 780Ti Hard Drives: 500 Gig PCIE SSD and 1TB maxtor.
Video Card. Evga GTX 78O Ti OC
Controllers: Warthog Hotas, Saitek Combat pedals, Track IR5.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
Quote:
It seems the planes they do are the one's available for inspection.


To my understanding this indeed is the main criteria when they choose what to model, i.e. all pertinent data has to be available for the plane in question in order to reproduce it accurately.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
I couldn't imagine an aircraft that has seen military service that I would not find entertaining. KC-10? UH-60? P-80? F-5E? C-130? Each one has something new to offer in terms of experiencing aviation in a way that one hasn't before. There are ones better than others, namely ones with lots of functions and ones with a prevalent role on the FC/DCS combined battlefield.

P-51 sounds cool if for no other reason than I haven't seen a plane of this type in enough depth. IL-2 just doesn't cut it.

And I'm making a mental bookmark about the combined ops thing. If it's exactly as I think it will be I claim the right for an "I told you so." If it's not then you can laugh at me.

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,943
Originally Posted By: Frederf
And I'm making a mental bookmark about the combined ops thing. If it's exactly as I think it will be I claim the right for an "I told you so." If it's not then you can laugh at me.


smile

I'd like it to be what you think (I don't know what that is) but it is damn cool anyway smile

Nate

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
S
Sim Offline
Hotshot
Hotshot
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 9,585
Speaking of development - here's next update

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1441842&postcount=92

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517
1
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
Flyin' it like I Stole it......Always!
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 517


Airframe #36
159th Guards Aviation Regiment
"Airspeed, Altitude, or Brains; you always need at least two."
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 825
Thanks for the link Viper, downloaded and saved.

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,429
E
Senior Member
Senior Member
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,429
Originally Posted By: 159th_Viper


Very cool. Must be getting close. If I read the credits correct, looks like Matt Wagner does the manual. DCS always does first rate manuals. So well done, documented superbly, visuals are crystal clear. A good quarter of the fun with this series of sims has always been the reading of the manual. biggrin

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
Nice manual. I had already intended to buy the Mustang, thinking it would be somewhat casual and an interesting diversion. But the manual has moved my curiosity up a notch. Now I'm having thoughts of the cg moving as fuel state changes and wonder if I will be able to execute that maneuver that Robin Olds spoke of; he had some crazy name for it-I can't remember it, but it was very effective... going to have to go look that up again...

On the down side, I was disappointed to see the location. I haven't been following the development very close -- would rather have seen something else. Nice to see that it's the D though.

Thanks for the heads up Viper.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 232
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 232
After reading the section regarding landing gear I can already see a bunch of people complaing if they don't read the manual...

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 340
Originally Posted By: Revelation78
After reading the section regarding landing gear I can already see a bunch of people complaing if they don't read the manual...



But you know I'm going to have to try it right? Same with flying upside-down for more than 10 seconds...

Que the comment from ICE...

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
2/3 modules have issues when flying inverted for over 10 seconds? In the third of the available modules, I'd love to see 10s of sustained inverted flight!


The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine!

Asus Sabertooth X58, i7 950 @4GHz, 6GB corsair Dominator 1600 MHz, EVGA GTX 570, Samsung 1Tb, 60 Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
F
Member
Member
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,599
Is it possible to have the ground crew adjust the ailerons between the 10-12-15 travel ranges?

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Force10, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,939 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1