|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68 |
Hi:
Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 186
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 186 |
Hi:
Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?
Thanks MFD Extractor works very well with AF. I don't know about Falcon Gauges.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
Falcon Gauges works well too. Granted, I use a second PC so your milage my vary.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 73
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 73 |
Hi:
Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?
Thanks MFD Extractor works very well with AF. I don't know about Falcon Gauges. I don't find MFD Extractor very useful in AF, because of the limitations: -- Supports 2D cockpit mode in *all* Falcon 4 versions -- Supports 3D cockpit mode in OpenFalcon When you use trackIR you spend most of the time in 3D and then it would be very nice when you have working MFD's on your second screen. Falcongauges work very well, but you must spend some time positioning and resizing all gauges to get a nice layout on your second screen.
Last edited by rhamphor; 08/03/10 05:16 AM.
i7 2600K; Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Corsair 2x4GB DDR3; PSU Corsair AX1200W; Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 SO 1.5GB; Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; Corsair Force GT 180GB SSD; TrackIR 4; Thrustmaster Cougar
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68 |
I thought about that and was going to go with OF, but I just don't have the time to learn and re-learn the switchology. Also performance is very important to me. And I have to say I'm so glad I went with AF. Even coming from FC2, it is impressive. FF5 literally stayed on my drive for 2 minutes. AF Looks great with HiTiles. With Extractor, I just figure I'm going heads down when I'm messing with the MFDs, and having falcon gauges helps with SA.
Just a couple of questions. I have SW Pits from like 2002. Are those still in play? And is there a recommended 3D pit? Or any way to zoom out of the 3D view? Last, I downloaded the Skunkworks mod, should?can I still download Janhas skins and reflections?
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Skunkworks Developer Junior Member
|
|
Skunkworks Developer Junior Member
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27 |
I thought about that and was going to go with OF, but I just don't have the time to learn and re-learn the switchology. Also performance is very important to me. And I have to say I'm so glad I went with AF. Even coming from FC2, it is impressive. FF5 literally stayed on my drive for 2 minutes. AF Looks great with HiTiles. With Extractor, I just figure I'm going heads down when I'm messing with the MFDs, and having falcon gauges helps with SA.
Just a couple of questions. I have SW Pits from like 2002. Are those still in play? And is there a recommended 3D pit? Or any way to zoom out of the 3D view? Last, I downloaded the Skunkworks mod, should?can I still download Janhas skins and reflections?
Thanks Hey Eagledeer, Skunkworks mod includes all of Janhas's munition and reflections installed. Also his SuMKK model and skin. Cheers.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
why isnt my sig showing up ?! Because SimHQ doesn't allow images in signtures.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68 |
Panther-I'v installed Zerk's pit. Is there any way to move the viewpoint back a bit? I think in your beta video it looked like you were a bit further back from the HUD.
Thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Senior Member
|
|
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328 |
The view in the 3D pit is fixed. There is no zooming capability.
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by ThrustmasterASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|