SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#3065780 08/02/10 09:41 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Hi:

Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?

Thanks

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Eagledeer #3065819 08/02/10 10:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 186
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 186
Originally Posted By: Eagledeer
Hi:

Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?

Thanks

MFD Extractor works very well with AF. I don't know about Falcon Gauges.

LoD_Viper #3065840 08/02/10 11:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Falcon Gauges works well too. Granted, I use a second PC so your milage my vary.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Panther #3065943 08/03/10 02:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Thanks

LoD_Viper #3065991 08/03/10 05:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 73
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 73
Originally Posted By: LoD_Viper
Originally Posted By: Eagledeer
Hi:

Does MFD extractor and Falcongauges work with AF? Are they easy to set up or am I in for a world of hurt?

Thanks

MFD Extractor works very well with AF. I don't know about Falcon Gauges.

I don't find MFD Extractor very useful in AF, because of the limitations:
-- Supports 2D cockpit mode in *all* Falcon 4 versions
-- Supports 3D cockpit mode in OpenFalcon
When you use trackIR you spend most of the time in 3D and then it would be very nice when you have working MFD's on your second screen.

Falcongauges work very well, but you must spend some time positioning and resizing all gauges to get a nice layout on your second screen.

Last edited by rhamphor; 08/03/10 05:16 AM.

i7 2600K; Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Corsair 2x4GB DDR3; PSU Corsair AX1200W; Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 SO 1.5GB; Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit; Corsair Force GT 180GB SSD; TrackIR 4; Thrustmaster Cougar
rhamphor #3066571 08/04/10 03:55 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
I thought about that and was going to go with OF, but I just don't have the time to learn and re-learn the switchology. Also performance is very important to me. And I have to say I'm so glad I went with AF. Even coming from FC2, it is impressive. FF5 literally stayed on my drive for 2 minutes. AF Looks great with HiTiles. With Extractor, I just figure I'm going heads down when I'm messing with the MFDs, and having falcon gauges helps with SA.

Just a couple of questions. I have SW Pits from like 2002. Are those still in play? And is there a recommended 3D pit? Or any way to zoom out of the 3D view? Last, I downloaded the Skunkworks mod, should?can I still download Janhas skins and reflections?

Thanks

Eagledeer #3067078 08/04/10 09:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
D
Skunkworks Developer
Junior Member
Skunkworks Developer
Junior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Originally Posted By: Eagledeer
I thought about that and was going to go with OF, but I just don't have the time to learn and re-learn the switchology. Also performance is very important to me. And I have to say I'm so glad I went with AF. Even coming from FC2, it is impressive. FF5 literally stayed on my drive for 2 minutes. AF Looks great with HiTiles. With Extractor, I just figure I'm going heads down when I'm messing with the MFDs, and having falcon gauges helps with SA.

Just a couple of questions. I have SW Pits from like 2002. Are those still in play? And is there a recommended 3D pit? Or any way to zoom out of the 3D view? Last, I downloaded the Skunkworks mod, should?can I still download Janhas skins and reflections?

Thanks


Hey Eagledeer,

Skunkworks mod includes all of Janhas's munition and reflections installed. Also his SuMKK model and skin.

Cheers.

Demonlord #3067083 08/04/10 09:34 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Many thanks

Eagledeer #3067177 08/04/10 11:31 PM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
Originally Posted By: Eagledeer
why isnt my sig showing up ?!

Because SimHQ doesn't allow images in signtures.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift
Panther #3067231 08/05/10 12:53 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
E
Junior Member
Junior Member
E Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 68
Panther-I'v installed Zerk's pit. Is there any way to move the viewpoint back a bit? I think in your beta video it looked like you were a bit further back from the HUD.

Thanks

Eagledeer #3067245 08/05/10 01:25 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
P
Senior Member
Senior Member
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 4,328
The view in the 3D pit is fixed. There is no zooming capability.


Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 980TI 6GB G1 OC, Obutto oZone, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, NP TrackIR5, ***Soon*** Oculus Rift

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,827 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1