|
|
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
Apex avoidance specialist Member
|
|
Apex avoidance specialist Member
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583 |
Hi all, Here are few more of mine since my tentative return to building just over a year ago. I'm having loads of fun doing these, and finding some health benefits from the concentration required and relaxation it provides. In order of completion, all to 1/48 scale. Revell Rafale   Italeri Gripen   Trumpeter Seahawk   Bronco Predator  
Last edited by goon; 06/03/10 10:06 PM.
 Gareth UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing. OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing. HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you. Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710
Legsie is such a Hotshot
|
|
Legsie is such a Hotshot
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,710 |
They're gorgeous! Love the weathering, nice and subtle.
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 419
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 419 |
Very Well Done! Excellent cockpit detailing!
Regards,
J. P. Kelly
System: Intel P4 2.80 GHz., 80 GB/2 HD OS: Win XP SP3 Display: 17" XGA TFT Memory: 1024 MB DDR SDRAM Video: ATI Radeon IGP 345m w/128 MB Ram Controls: Saitek X52, Rudder Pedals and Eclipse Keyboard Current: Third Wire WOV, EAW 1.28d 1024 /SPAW/SPAW45 FAW Fleet Defender, IL-2. Learning: F/A-18 PSF/OIF, Falcon 4 AF, EF2000 Ver 2.0, SH Series (Pacific Aces)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,194
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 7,194 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811
Jack of all trades Member
|
|
Jack of all trades Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 811 |
Gareth those are awesome, I really like the JAS-39B Gripen. The detailing is fantastic.
Cheers
Staffan
I've been behind before and still managed to loose
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057 |
That is amazing work. What type of airbrush do you like?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
Apex avoidance specialist Member
|
|
Apex avoidance specialist Member
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583 |
Thank you very much for your generous comments everyone. I use a Harder and Steinbeck Evolution Whitehead. Very easy cleaning, which is a great plus point.
 Gareth UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing. OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing. HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you. Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,248
%!#Stack Overflow#!% Hotshot
|
|
%!#Stack Overflow#!% Hotshot
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 9,248 |
Great skills goon, I wish I could build models with the same consistency 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,057 |
Thank you very much for your generous comments everyone. I use a Harder and Steinbeck Evolution Whitehead. Very easy cleaning, which is a great plus point. Awesome. Looks like it puts down a really fine layer....I have trouble with that through the generic brush I have. First Rate work!! That Predator looks real.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 79
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 79 |
Very nice indeed. What scale should a novice builder start with, 1/48th or 1/72th ?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,803
Tom Thumb Senior Member
|
|
Tom Thumb Senior Member
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4,803 |
 Holy moly thats good!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 777 |
I will ignore all ideas for new works and engines of war, the invention of which has reached its limits and for whose improvement I see no further hope.
� Julius Frontinus, chief military engineer to the Emperor Vespasian, cica AD 70.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583
Apex avoidance specialist Member
|
|
Apex avoidance specialist Member
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,583 |
Thanks for the further replies. bengo -> I had a break of nearly 20 years, after building a good few 1/48 aircraft and 1/20 F1 cars. When I returned to the hobby I did a few 1/72 planes to get used to the tools and materials again. The ever helpful members at Britmodeller recommended the Revell Hunter as a good starter, and I built two of those consecutively. It was a good choice as it was cheap and went together very easily. Meaning that if I messed up at any stage the lost investment of time and money was minimal. I did a couple of more 1/72 'planes before realising that my old fingers can't cope with undercarriage at that scale and went up to 1/48! Good luck!
 Gareth UNDERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the front wing. OVERSTEER - is when you hit the wall with the back wing. HORSEPOWER - is how fast you hit the wall. TORQUE - is how far you can take the wall with you. Read my scale modelling blog at www.latibuliser.com or mfhmazda787.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 79
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 79 |
...before realising that my old fingers can't cope with undercarriage at that scale and went up to 1/48! That's the answer I was looking for. Thank you very much.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 828
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 828 |
JG1 Lipfert - Jagdgeschwader 1 "Fritz Schmenkel" "Oesau" "Richthofen"
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787
SimHQ Redneck Veteran
|
|
SimHQ Redneck Veteran
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 13,787 |
It's pictures like that make me realize how badly I suck.
pfunk
"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke www.sixmanfootball.com
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 317 |
Dang, whenever I look at these beautifully done models, I just can't help swearing about why those do not come in ready-coloured/weathered kits with various skin work options... I really want to have a big scale Hornet among others but the idea of looking at the gray-blue plastic allover Hornet... 
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|