Yes, technically I'm one-third through based on number of main story missions, but that is 'nearly' half way right?
My playstyle is generating good street cred. The vigilante thing I mentioned is good for that.
And as mentioned, iconic weapons and upgrades/crafting is on my chart. I've found three iconics so far (all handguns). The bottlenecks for me are both tech level and materials. I have a pistol I really like, but as it's epic and not rare, I have to wait until I've invested 11 attribute points in the tree to get the perk to upgrade it. I can upgrade rare items, but that's a single early point. And with how precious the higher-tier mats are so far, I'm thinking it will be a while before I have enough to upgrade multiple weapons. Now that I'm a bit in to Act 2 I think that will start to correct itself and the higher-tier weapons and armor I find will break down in to higher-tier mats. Not in a rush, but I do want to get to the point where I can keep the iconic weapons up to date. So I'm focusing on tech at the mo to get there.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss