I often don't regret buying a game as much as I do investing hours of my time before coming to the conclusion that it's crap. In those terms No Man's Sky is the worst offender, without any doubt. I've never felt so mislead by the pre-release hype and let down so much by the result. A budget indie game dressed up as AAA.

I'm another one who got bored with Elite. Loved the setting and the flying, but the lack of depth in the gameplay made the grind intolerable after a while. The way new stuff - like the aliens I occasionally read about - are added every now and then feels very arbitrary, but I can understand why that's necessary from a development point of view.

GR Wildlands was bought in the recent sale and is the only game I've ever requested a refund for. That might not have turned out to be too bad, but initial impressions were that it wasn't worth my trouble finding out.