Interesting all the hate for Elite, though, I agree with some of it--especially the boredom. The game is a million miles across but a slip of paper deep. I got 500 hours or so out of it, due to me both buying it upon release and choosing to forgo the boring life of a trader or bounty hunter and jumped straight into robbing, err, ahem, taxing human players in my lowly Viper, and slowly worked my way up to a Clipper. Who says crime doesn't pay? It paid me! Haha!
But then the player pool in Open started to dry up, all the wimps and wusses went Solo or worse, Mobius(talk about sausage party) and alas, robberies were far more wait than rob.
500 hours wasn't bad, I can't complain, and had some of the most thrilling fun online ever while it lasted. But, without the people, and the risk they bring, the game doesn't have much left to give.
Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 07/10/17 09:51 PM.