Originally Posted By: SkateZilla
Originally Posted By: SUBS_17
I wonder could that ever be on DCS some day?




As I've said before:

None of the Content in those videos is representative of upcoming Modules or 3rd Party Modules.

They Are Simply Earlier Versions of EDGE running on Different Simulation platforms being used by other companies for training.

So dont go Posting DCS:KA-52, DCS:AV-8x, DCS: Whatever.

These maps are Commercial Property belonging to other Companies.

They (The Company that built the Simulator), are Using ED's Image Renderer, Which they Licensed.

Everything else (Terrain, Textures, Static Objects, etc) is built by the Company that Built the Simulator.
(in this Case Concord XXI).

The only thing in these Videos that is ED's is the Licensed Image Renderer, which is an Earlier Version of Edge.

The Only thing that Relates to DCS is how the terrain looks (Mesh Detail, Effects, Etc).


That's a pity but maybe someday someone could make such detailed maps for DCS when EDGEs SDK is released. The amount of detail is impressive though so it will be interesting to see what the community and 3rd party devs come up with. BTW nothing is stopping these companies selling such terrain as addons for DCS from what I've heard there maybe some planned for DCS WW2.



"Trust me I know what I'm doing" Detective Sledge Hammer