Originally Posted By: Mdore
Another possible bug in the SA-2F.

If you launch a missile with the proximity fuse off and with the switch in the approaching target position, and then after launch you move the switch to the receding target position, I think the missile is still detonating like it was set to detonate on approaching targets. And vice versa.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if it's how the system works. But I thought I'd mention it.


We have only K1/2/3 commands with the Dvina system, so proximity fuse setting can never be changed, during missile flight.
(This feature would give a great opportunity for enemy jammers)

Fuse settings can be changed, while the missile is connected to the launcher via the OS-10 connector only.

Last edited by Hpasp; 12/06/12 09:42 AM.

Hpasp
Free SAM Simulator, "Realistic to the Switch"

(U-2 over Sverdlovsk, B-52's over Hanoi, F-4 Phantoms over the Sinai, F-16's and the F-117A Stealth bomber over the Balkans.)
http://sites.google.com/site/samsimulator1972/home

Book from the author - Soviet Nuclear Weapons in Hungary 1961-1991
https://sites.google.com/view/nuclear-weapons-in-hungary/

thumbsup