SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4686276 09/15/26 10:03 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,676
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,676
Likes: 104
Flags

Do you have any flags hanging out in your front yard by the street ? Maybe a sports flag, a college flag or even the American flag. I have a Betsy Ross flag in my front yard. The Betsy Ross flag is a historic early version of the American flag featuring 13 alternating red and white stripes and 13 white five-pointed stars arranged in a circle on a blue canton. There are other American flags in my neighborhood but not many. I even noticed there were a couple of people that hung the American flag upside down but then again this is Eugene Oregon. Not sure if this true but I have read that an American flag on your property detours criminals because they believe that if you have an American flag on your property that your more likely to have guns for home defense, not sure if that is true or not ( in my case true ). I just like seeing Old Glory waving in the wind, kind of let’s me know that there are other like minded people living near me. I am proud to display my flag, I like the colors, Red, White, and blue, and those colors don't run.

Last edited by Terl9999; 09/16/26 01:00 AM.
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Terl9999 #4686289 09/16/26 04:03 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
C
Administrator
Veteran
Administrator
Veteran
C Online: Cool
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
We have an American flag on a flag pole. There have been times when I had either Submarine Veteran, or Gadsden flag below it.

The American flag is very common for homes in my area. I'm pretty sure gun ownership is common here as well. I would think there is a pretty strong correlation, but I have no data to support my suspicion.


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions
Terl9999 #4686291 09/16/26 08:14 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,914
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,914
Likes: 32
Flags outside homes are not something I've ever seen in Europe.


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Terl9999 #4686292 09/16/26 09:11 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
I have a flagpole in front of my house where I fly the US flag 24/7. Spotlighted at night. For the last few years I have had my congressman fly a flag over the US capital on my WWII veteran father's birthday which I then fly atop my flagpole for the next year.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Terl9999 #4686296 09/16/26 11:07 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
Taken this morning as I left for work....
Attachments
Screenshot_20260916-070644_Gallery.jpg


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
DM #4686297 09/16/26 11:18 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
C
Administrator
Veteran
Administrator
Veteran
C Online: Cool
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
Originally Posted by DM
Flags outside homes are not something I've ever seen in Europe.

That was something that a number of European visitors for the FIFA World Cup remarked upon. They were amazed / impressed with how common it was to see American flags in front of homes, etc.


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions
F4UDash4 #4686298 09/16/26 11:35 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
C
Administrator
Veteran
Administrator
Veteran
C Online: Cool
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,953
Likes: 141
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
I have a flagpole in front of my house where I fly the US flag 24/7. Spotlighted at night.

Mine is lit from above with a solar powered LED light. That is not really getting the job done all the way to dawn, but it gets most of the way there now. (The first one wasn't doing all that well, but the current one lasts much longer.) A lot of people around here don't have any lighting at all on flags that stay up around the clock, so I don't feel too bad about it. I may eventually run AC power out there to do it right, but that falls way down the priority list for now.

Originally Posted by F4UDash4
For the last few years I have had my congressman fly a flag over the US capital on my WWII veteran father's birthday which I then fly atop my flagpole for the next year.

Now that is very cool! A nice tribute to your father and his service. thumbsup


"praemonitus, praemunitus"
"We in America have no interest in being polite and orderly caretakers of the West’s managed decline." - Secretary of State Marco Rubio
[Linked Image]
What we agreed to abide by in these forums!
CB's Tips for Potentially Contentious Forum Discussions
Terl9999 #4686308 09/16/26 01:18 PM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Online: Cool
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,157
Likes: 190
I had one of the pole top solar powered lights for a while too. My spotlight I have now is powered by a short (20-25 feet) cord to an outlet by my front door, I have to move it when I cut grass. I'll probably bury a line next year when I retire.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Terl9999 #4686315 09/16/26 04:14 PM
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,676
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,676
Likes: 104
Good to see some flag flyers here. If your in the market for a new flag consider Allegiance, made in America by American workers.

Last edited by Terl9999; 09/20/26 10:41 PM.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,574 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1