SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 529
Likes: 10
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 529
Likes: 10
In addition maybe a little help:
I can remember (ca. a year ago), that I have uninstalled WOFF too fast, only via WOFF-Toolbox (with clear registry). With the new installation I have had error-messages suddenly, when I tried to start WOFF.
The reason was simple: I did forget do delete the files under AppData (see FAQ, page 39).
With the next uninstallation I deleted also these files and -to be sure- I used the "search function" on windows explorer to find any other OBD-files (not necessary normally, but in this case I have done it).
Then restart the system > new installation (with directx and Visuel C++ rtepair!) > all was fine.

Only an idea to isolate the source:
Is it possible for you to connect your pc directly with the router via cable to recognice a difference to WiFi?


Greetings

Last edited by Becker01; 08/04/26 06:05 PM.
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Thanks your input Becker, will try what you suggested. So if I delete the folder in App's after uninstalling WOFF, I assume WOFF will create a new folder in App's upon re-installation...is that correct ? Thanks again your help Sir..

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/04/26 07:59 PM.
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 529
Likes: 10
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 529
Likes: 10
Yes, WOFF will create a new folder again.

For uninstallation see FAQ chapter 17 "How to un-install and re-install cleanly & Fix random errors you cannot explain." Read it all (points 1 - 14) and do it step by step.

And please note this:
"5. Browse to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\OBD_Games select the OBD_Games folder then
delete it (be careful to ONLY delete OBD_Games and its contents not anything else in App_Data!).


The more detailed instruction for installation of directX-9 and Visuel C++ you can read in chapter 2 "NEXT how to install WOFF BH&H II".


Greetings

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Did try all that Becker and everything you mentioned and everything in the FAQ's. Still the same error with both WOFF & WOTR. The only way I can run the game is by disabling Windows Real Time protection. Thanks your help.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
I have dozens of simulations on my PC, all running well. OBD sims are the only ones ( WOFF & WOTR ) are the only ones that give me this error. I usually do pretty well to figuring out issues my sim’s but his one has been challenging to resolve. I have tried everything that I know of and appreciate all of everyone’s suggestions. I guess I met my match. I can still play them but I have to disable Real Time Protections. Very odd.

Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Very odd Terl9999. You say you excluded WOFF apps, did you also specifically exclude off.dll woff.dll cfs3.exe?
There may be some other setting you can adjust to do with the real time scanning. Do the AV logs not indicate something?

Last edited by Polovski; 08/06/26 12:03 PM.

Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Very odd indeed Pol. I excluded the entire folders of WOFF &WOTR but I will go back in and specifically exclude the DLL’s you mentioned. I am assuming you are talking about Widows Defender logs…is that correct. I haven’t looked at those logs yet but I will. Thanks your help Pol. Tried what you suggested in the above post. Had previously excluded the entire folders of WOFF & WOTR but went in again and and excluded the single files you mentioned. Looked WOFF logs and tried to find Windows Defender logs but couldn’t locate them, googled that but did not help, where they to me to go there was no log files. The WOFF logs did not reveal anything wrong. This one really has me baffled, will keep trying to resolve. At least I can still play the sims only if I disable Windows Real Time Protection. When Windows Real Time Protection is enabled and I start either WOFF or WOTR everything looks normal in the menus but when I hit the Flight button mission appears to load normally but I get the error and it goes back to the menu. I wouldn’t worry about it too much Pol, I can still play by turning of Windows Real Time protection off but if you think of something let me know, thanks Sir ! Thanks again your help Pol.

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/07/26 01:16 AM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
It must be another setting in Windows Real Time protection. Perhaps you have to look at the behavior-based, heuristic antivirus protection. See if that has any extra settings to ignore WOFF.exe, cfs3.exe, woff.dll, off.dll also perhaps d3d8.dll.
Not heard of others with this issue so maybe a local setting. Is your PC online? Has it all the latest Windows Updates? Microsoft has ended official update support since October 2025 it may be soon that we officially have to stop supporting it too.

If you cannot update to Windows 11 at some point, what I would suggest, is that you instead get a decent Anti Virus (preferably not a free Anti Virus) and disable Microsoft's AV.

Eset NOD32 I'd recommend but there are others that are quality.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/12/26 09:35 AM.

Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Thanks your input and suggestions Pol, will check it out. I am running Windows 10, haven’t had any Windows update lately. Like you say it is some setting in my Windows 10 OS. I can still play WOFF & WOTR if I turn off Windows Real Time Protection. Actually Pol this same error was posted at Combat Ace, you responded but it was 2022 so maybe you don’t remember. None of the suggestions helped me though, but I am determined to figuring this out, I create Restore points all the time maybe consider doing that but they only go back a month so no help there. Weird because never had this issue with OBD and then all of a sudden the error showed up, something must have changed with my OS but I haven’t had any Windows updates in a year and nothing changed as far as I can tell. But I am determined to figuring this out, I create Restore points all the time maybe consider doing that. Weird because never had this issue with OBD and then all of a sudden the error showed up, something must have changed with my OS but I haven’t had any Windows updates in a year and nothing changed as far as I can tell. Will keep looking.

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/12/26 11:01 PM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
OK no worries, yes likely I forgot someone with a similar issue 4 years ago wink.


Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Understandable Pol, no worries here either.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
This is crazy, just tried running WOFF & WOTR today without having to turning off Windows Real Time Protection and to my surprise it ran perfectly. I didn’t change anything on Windows settings so I don’t have any idea what changed, but something did for the better. I have no explanation but everything is working normal. I am pleased. For me this is so epic but I feel bad I can’t provide a solution, it just started working again I did nothing to change anything, glad I have my sim back in normal terms. So what do you think Pol ?

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/20/26 04:24 AM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
I have been using PC's since around 1992 and nothing surprises me. I don't know if your Windows 10 is still getting WRTP updates; if so perhaps they tweaked something. Rest assured, WOFF and WOTR did not change wink.
Otherwise, it may be another program that has changed that was interfering in some way.

This is why when someone says, 'These half dozen programs work perfectly, but this program does not, yet for other people it works fine' - I know it's down to the millions of combinations of differences inherent in the 1000s of Windows settings, different device drivers including their versions, different hardware, and issues caused when any of those combine - just almost impossible to know exactly what causes a problem sometimes. Xbox and PS5 are much easier, as they change much less and have fewer options, just less useful and powerful because of that.

Last edited by Polovski; 08/21/26 08:07 AM.

Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
I hear ya Pol and agree with you but something makes OBD different for whatever reason. I am just glad I can play it in normal circumstances now. Lett me say that you guys have always given me great support.

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/25/26 06:04 AM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Thanks Terl9999. We can only be thankful to the universe for your digital recovery smile


Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Thanks Pol. Sometimes things make no sense when dealing with Windows OS and it’s multitude of it’s thousands of settings. I am just happy that my WOFF and WOTR are working normally, although I will never know what caused the issue in the first place but more of a mystery what resolved the issue.

Last edited by Terl9999; 08/26/26 04:50 PM.
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895
Likes: 75
Yes, with DOS I became an expert on tweaking memory and understood exactly what was running and how it affected things. With Windows that was taken away as they added many 1000s of registry settings and made a lot of info difficult to find or understand. I just read "Microsoft Defender" Antivirus Security Intelligence Updates will continue for Windows 10 users until at least October 2028, even though Windows 10 support ended in October 2025. So it's possible you had an update for that and it's stopped worrying about WOFF!


Regards,

Polovski
OBD Software, developers of epic, immersive, unique flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields & Wings Over The Reich
https://www.overflandersfields.com
https://www.wingsoverthereich.com
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
Yes Pol Windows can be confusing. Not sure if I am still getting Windows 10 updates but MS Edge updated today. The only thing I know now is that my WOFF & WOTR are running great without having to disable Windows Real Time protection and I am thankful for that.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,673
Likes: 104
WOFF and WOTR still working great. I will probably never know what the initial problem was but I suspect Windows 10 issue but why it only affected OBD I will never know.

Last edited by Terl9999; 09/13/26 11:09 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,886 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1