Time for a new thread, for the second edition, which I think took most players by surprise when it was announced a couple months ago, and now it's out in EA. The devs said the old engine was limiting so decided to start over in UE5, and so far I'm on board. The early access version is perfectly playable, though content is limited to a single reserve. A variety of weapons and gear (callers, scent cover, tents, trigger sticks, etc) are in already. The species list is right up my alley, with whitetails, mule deer and elk probably my top three out of all. There are also grizzlies, bison, wolves and wolverines, turkeys and probably more I have yet to see or am forgetting. The boots on the ground hunting side is already in a solid spot for me. I was having some issue with CTDs, but installed the latest WQHL driver and it may have fixed the problem, so far so good.
A few shots I snapped. In many ways it is still the same game, but I think the new engine was a smart move. it runs, looks and sounds better than the first game but it's still incomplete and maybe buggy, though nothing I've noticed.
The reserve is New Laurentia, in Canada and looks great
![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51150/filename/20260401205421_1.jpg)
With normal settings, this is the animal info you get from the binoculars
![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51151/filename/20260401205629_1.jpg)
New and expanded harvest screen, but mostly the same as always
![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51152/filename/20260401210837_1.jpg)
Scope picture. Nice and clean. Green circle shows ballistics are inside ethical energy, and that circle is dynamic to reveal drop, but seems unaffected by crosswinds. I have it on for now, I'll absorb what it is showing for frame of reference but turn this off down the line. The scope is the first one I could upgrade to which was a whole 1 more magnification lol
![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51153/filename/20260402224412_1.jpg)
Heading out at dawn for elk season. Lighting and weather both look improved, as I would expect with this engine over UE4. Not a massive leap, but enough to notice. UI is clean, sound and visual detection meter lower left.
![[Linked Image]](https://simhq.net/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/51154/filename/20260402222908_1.jpg)