SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 66 of 68 1 2 … 64 65 66 67 68
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
One of the ones needed for SS jetpack. Violet I think. I took your advice and looked at player camps over a few sessions but didn't find any. Then the update dropped and I haven't been able to play since. Not sure when I will be back, but maybe within the week. Nice of you to offer, but I cannot grab it at the mo.

In Fallout 4 I've hit level 115 which is kind of nuts as I can just keep taking perks, having no level cap is great, as I've said before in this thread a few times. I guess eventually a player can have every rank of every perk. But that's a long way off and once the revamped PC is up and running it might be a while before I get around to reinstalling FO4, but maybe not. Having fun with it right now.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I installed 76 on the new machine, and it loaded in to a world just fine,but my camp is now blocked. Nothing new seems to be there, but something has changed and I can no longer use my camp. I quit the game as I can't be bothered at the moment,. I have a second camp, but not the one I like to use. So it goes.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond
I installed 76 on the new machine, and it loaded in to a world just fine,but my camp is now blocked. Nothing new seems to be there, but something has changed and I can no longer use my camp. I quit the game as I can't be bothered at the moment,. I have a second camp, but not the one I like to use. So it goes.


Keep trying. There have been times where I had to join 3 different worlds until my camp was allowed to be deployed.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Yeah, but that's usually because another player camp is too close, right? That wasn't the case here, no player camps in the vicinity. But yeah I'll try a few more times I am sure.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond
Yeah, but that's usually because another player camp is too close, right? That wasn't the case here, no player camps in the vicinity. But yeah I'll try a few more times I am sure.

I've had that happen as well.to me. I just chalk it up to "game bugs". F76 is one of those games that is constantly being patched.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Yeah, maybe one of those things, as they say. I'll give it another go, eventually. Not on the top of my list at the mo, but I'd like to see if it works, and how it runs on the new box. When I hit level 200 my motivation departed. Need some sort of goal.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
I have some problems with Fallout 76 freezing up so I have to restart the PC.

Often it helps to free up memory in the event manager, but it is quite annoying.

Anyone with the same problems or even a solution to the problem?


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by Wigean
I have some problems with Fallout 76 freezing up so I have to restart the PC.

Often it helps to free up memory in the event manager, but it is quite annoying.

Anyone with the same problems or even a solution to the problem?


I don't know if it's the same problem or not, or if it's been fixed since, but years ago I had all kinds of issues running it. I found it needed to be on a solid state drive and the same drive the OS was on for some reason. Made a big improvement for some reason. Never seen anything like it in other games.

Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Ok.
Seems to be a memory problem here.

I think I need a memorymaker as in the old days.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
So how's the state of the game these days. haven't played in months, but I see lots of changes and updates.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
The same grinding really.

They have put in some new stuff, but I haven`t tried all of it.

For the most part I do the daily challenges. Ok when watching the news. smile

If I had the time I would study the different perk cards. Until now I have followed the advices from Mr. Westtech on youtube.

I guess it`s a bit nerdy to know all the cards and how they work. biggrin

Think I am on level 335 now.

I should have played STALKER, but that will have to wait until I find the time.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,028
Likes: 66
There are the new "raids" you can do in F76. Those are worth doing because they award you with 4 star mods that you can use to upgrade your armor and weapons. These 4 star mods can only be won with these raids. The only other way to get them is if you find a human player selling them at their camp,.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
So . I wanted to craft the Ultracite Laser Gun today.

I know the plan , tried a build with gunsmith abd science perk card.

Still it does not show up as a choice on the wotkbench.

Anyone knows why`?


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Do you have the weapon artisan perk active? That might be needed.

I've thought about giving this a go again a few times over the past few months but did something else.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by DBond
Do you have the weapon artisan perk active? That might be needed.

I've thought about giving this a go again a few times over the past few months but did something else.

I don`t I think. I will check. I have to watch the Arsenal game now. smile Hehe.

I play it because of no alternative for the moment.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I read your post and had a look and this page lists that perk under crafting. But now I see it says 'repair' so yeah, I don't know

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Ultracite_laser_gun


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
I don`t know if it is a bug or not.

I tried to add the artisan perk and even bought a new plan, but I can`t get it to show in the workbench.

The Don Pedro with all the good mods is fun though.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Doh, problem solved.

The plan is " Ultracite laser gun".

Shows up in the workbench as "Short Ultracite laser pistol".

You must first craft a Short Laser Pistol and then modify it with a Rifle Stock for the name to change to "Laser Rifle".


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Yesterday I clicked on the 'who's online' thing and looked through what the guests are reading, and spotted this thread, and clicked the link to be transported back to these halcyon days. Read through a bunch of pages and it made me remember how much fun I had with it, so I got the itch to fire FO76 up and see what is going on. I had not played since September of '24 according to Steam.

Grabbed all the free stuff and tried to enter a game world and over and over it failed to place my camp which is a shame. I put a lot of work in to that camp, my heart, my soul, my materials! Just getting it all wired up was a job. Some sort of camp has been introduced near by and I think it invalidates my camp location.This kinda sucks.

But it gets worse. A message popped mentioning that some of my perk cards have been removed. I went on to discover that many of them were, including the ones most crucial to my build! Good grief. At some point they reworked or replaced a number of perks, and that included quite a few of the ones I was running. Commando especially, which is gone. Poof. Didn't expect this at all. It's hard to know what else I lost. These changes dropped a number of cards in both Perception and Luck (among others) and it was doing me head in trying to decipher what I'd lost, what is new, how I would rebuild.

Thankfully my alternative address overlooking the fifth green at Whitespring Golf Club was valid, but that camp isn't nearly so far along. Oh well. I poked around for 30 minutes. Need to figure out how to rebuild my build.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Got it all worked out. Turns out the Commando cards were not the ones removed. They were changed to completely different ones. Spent the time to look up all the new stuff and fixed my build, and it still feels very strong when using automatic weapons, so no problems in the end.

The bigger problem is FO76 was running like sh!t. So bad I nearly shelved it again, but before I did so I looked it up and saw a suggestion to change a ini setting and boom, the game went from like 30 fps to 200+. But that caused a second issue where the movement keys won't work all the time. Looked that up and saw another fix. Essentially needing to use nVidia control panel to force vsynch, which the ini setting had turned off, and now it needed to be turned back on, but with a much higher limit (144 in my case).

And now it runs beautifully.

Doesn't look like anyone's playing FO76 around here at the moment, but if anyone has suggestions for new content that is worth the time post it up. New content in this context is anything introduced since September of 2024. Quest chains and events. What's the scoop?


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 66 of 68 1 2 … 64 65 66 67 68

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,048 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1