SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
That's Air Power!

10 choppers all just took off from the same FARP.

I didn't know you could put that many choppers in one FARP.

2 Hind on Insertion mission with their escort of 4 Hokum;

4 Hind on a SEAD mission.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,883
I saw this when watching the auto action cam.

What could possibly go wrong biggrin
Attachments
IMAGE060.jpg

B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
Russia, everything is fine bottles

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
In one of the Kuwait Skirmish, Naval Battle 1 I believe.

Pretty!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Anyone still plays this?

I have been playing it and I edited the CHC in several campaigns (Taiwan, Europe, Puerto Rico, Norway, Lebanon, Kuwait, Skagway, Alaska, Kenai, Cuba) to make the aircraft carriers more useful.

Razorworks/Common/Map then Map 1 to Map 32 and under each map you have different campaign for that location: Europe, Lebanon, Taiwan, etc etc

#map list,
1,THAILAND,1,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1250,2000,2200,3000
2,CUBA,1,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1250,1500,2000
3,GEORGIA,1,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1500,3000,5000
4,TAIWAN,1,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1750,2600,3700
5,LEBANON,3,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1600,2300,3100
6,YEMEN,3,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1250,2000,2500,3000
7,ALASKA,2,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1500,3000,5000
8,ALEUT,2,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1500,3000,5000
9,KUWAIT,3,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1250,1500,2000
10,LYBIA,3,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1250,1500,2000
13,ALEXANDER ARCHIPELAGO,2,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1500,3000,5000
15,SAUDI ARABIA RED SEA,3,-1000,-0.0001,250,500,750,1000,1250,1500,2000
17,AFOGNAK,1,-1000,-0.0001,50,150,300,400,500,750,1000
18,PUERTO RICO,1,-1000,-0.0001,50,150,300,400,500,750,1000

Those Marine helicopters and recon helicopters: Cobra, Huey, Little Bird, Viper, KA-20, Super Cobra, they just sit there and do nothing most of the time, they don't even fly CAP to protect their own carriers.

After I edited the CHC, all the carriers on both sides only carry Mi-24, MI-28, KA-52, Apache Longbows, Comanches and Blackhawks.

Also the Red side has KA-52 that are Recon, not Recon Attack. They also just sit at their FARP and Airbases doing nothing except for a recon mission here and there.

They don't fly any SEAD, CAP, BAI, CAS, Ground Strike, Anti-Ship Strike missions.

I replaced all of them with Recon Attack KA-52.

I also added extra transport choppers and aircraft to airfield whenever it allows me.

Like the Yemen campaign, the Blue side only has one medium transport chopper to carry all the supply and repair mission that keeps popping up.

I also increased air power or made them more even whenever needed

One campaign had one fighter and one CAS aircraft on one side while the other side outnumber them 5-1 in fighters, naval fighter, interceptor, attack aircraft and CAS aircraft.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
Oh heck jeah, still playing this { v 1.16.2 allmods } thanks for support from thealx and people like you.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
2 months ago I found out that you can change the assigned choppers.

For example, you pick a mission (SEAD, BAI, CAS) and it gives you a Blackhawk or a MI-24 but you want to fly a different chopper for it.

Click on SEAD, Click Accept Mission, now Don't Click Auto Select or Confirm yet, go to the left column and Click Available Unassigned and it will give you a list of other available choppers.

Click their call sign one by one until you find the ones that are from the FARP or Airbase the SEAD mission is starting from and pick the one you want.

Sometimes they may be more than one or two to choose from for the same FARP and Airbase.

I like to get an Apache or Comanche or KA for SEAD and attack missions, not a Blackhawk or MI-24.

I reserve the Blackhawk and MI-24 for insertion, ground strike or CAS or BAI where you know there is no air defense left at the target or nearby.

Click Apache or Comanche, then go Click Confirm and Cockpit.

On transfer it seems it always want to transfer a medium or heavy supply chopper to the front line when you need more combat units in the front.

I change the transfer from a supply chopper to a Apache or Comanche or KA.

Or sometimes I get a Blackhawk or MI-24 when I see there are none up there and you know soon you will need to run an insertion mission up there.

I also like to change payloads.


I always change Apache and Blackhawk payloads to 16 Hellfire.

Comanche payload on RECON is always 4 Hellfire and 4 Stingers.

I like to change it to 10 Hellfire and 8 Stinger which is the same payout for all Comanche missions except CAP.

Non RECON missions payload for Comanche are always 12 Hellfire and 4 stingers, I prefer 10 Hellfire and 8 Stingers.

ON CAP, it defaults to 28 stingers, I prefer 16 Stingers (8 on each of the wings) and 6 Hellfires on the inside bay.

On the Mi-24 I always change one of the 40 S8 or 60 S5 to 4 more Schturm.

The MI-28 ground mission payload is 16 Schturm and 40 S8: I like to change those S8 to 8 Vikhla for air to air defense.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
interesting, will consider that, thanks !

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
In the EECH.ini file, if you don't know this already.

I open it with a notepad and edit

GOTO (teleport) to ON

that allows me to take a Transfer mission after it taken off, I take control of the first chopper, change the waypoint to W by pressing W continuously, then I use the Teleport to move that to within 1-2 km of the landing base you are transferring to.

BEST TO PAUSE THE GAME FIRST.

Then I do the same to the rest of the choppers in the Transfer mission if there is more than one chopper.

I seen Transfer (like in the Cuba maps) that are 200-400 KM in distance, forget that. Get them to where they need to go.

Also again in the EECH.ini file, look for Campaign Commander if you don't have that on already.

That allows you to left click on item with the X highlighted on the right column on the screen, to generate missions before the computer AI gives them to you.

I like to left click on AA to get as many SEAD going to get all the AA out of the way.

I right click on missions that I don't want to run yet or like in Taiwan, there will be one supply after another AI generated, I right click on their X to clear them out.

When you see a BDA you can right click X it out and left click on it again and it changes to Insertion. You now can run an Insertion mission there without running a BDA first (naval ships not included).

Play with the campaign commander, don't be afraid to X something out and then X it again to activate another mission the same FARP or Military Base or Airfield.

I have come across Wtrike missions and 4econ missions to FARP, Military Bases and Airfield that I X out and when I left click to X them again, they changed to insertion.

Strike mission on FARP and Airfield, if you can fly close enough to use your guns instead of missiles, you only need to take out enough buildings for it to become mission complete and create an insertion mission.

Missions hitting a bunker or a ground target can create collateral damage taking out choppers and aircraft, you want to capture as many of those as possible.

I take out the ground infantry, any AA and SAM, and the ground building the AA/SAM/TANKS/APC come out of.

I have captured airfields and FARP with enemy armor still around it or in it and with all the aircraft and choppers intact.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
WOW your thinking outside of the box, ill check it out, thanks again.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
I was recon enemy airbase and got too close.

Enemy SAM hit me before I could react to the co-pilot saying we are being painted and the SAM launch warning alarm.

That white on the right is the automatic flare but it did no good.

[Linked Image]

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
EECH still working good for me, although I sure would like to get :LongBow 2 working.

Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 10
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2021
Posts: 10
What is the keybind for the teleport cheat ?

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
NoFlyBoy, thanks your input very informative. How exactly do you change payloads ?

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,330
Likes: 19
@terl9999

When you start a mission before the helicopter takes off, (press P to pause) you can change payloads by clicking on Payload on top of the screen.

Then choose each of the helicopter for the mission, one to four, and use the preset on the left (Air to Air, Ground, Scout) or change them manually in the pylons under helicopter graphics.

There are also key short cuts while you are in the cockpit Shift 7 for Ground, Shift 8 for Air, Shift 9 for Scout

@Whirly: find the EECH.ini file and go to Teleport and change it from 0 to 1

also change Campaign Commander from 0 to 1 if you haven't done so. By activating it, you can now click on an enemy unit, FARP, ship or airfield to generate missions instead of waiting for the AI to generate for you.

left click to generate, right click to cancel if you change your mind.

I like to generate SEAD missions first and get as many enemy SAM out of the way.

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,683
Likes: 104
Thanks NoFlyBoy

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,079,431 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1