SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 400 of 442 1 2 … 398 399 400 401 402 … 441 442
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
"Live and Let Die" is one of my favorite Moore films. The laughing by some of the antagonists is classic, and Jane Seymore was hot.

Geoffrey Holder was the pitchman for 7-UP for several years.
Code
7-UP "THE UNCOLA"
https://youtu.be/AXmc7DG4uu8

7 UP Soft Drinks
https://youtu.be/VUbV0BjzPeY

Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Jane Seymour is absolutely STUNNING in that movie.

She was just as stunning a few years later as Serena in the original Battlestar Galactica.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Just finished Lincoln Lawyer season 3 on Netflix. Best season so far, IMO. I liked the movie, and I like the show as well. Obvious setup for a fourth season at the end of the last episode.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by semmern
Just finished Lincoln Lawyer season 3 on Netflix. Best season so far, IMO. I liked the movie, and I like the show as well. Obvious setup for a fourth season at the end of the last episode.

Good to know. I watched part of season one awhile back and then forgot about the series. I liked the Season one episodes so sounds like I need to go back and get caught up. cool


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice.

Quite honestly I thought this was going to be a complete mess. However I found it really enjoyable.

Michael Keaton slipped straight back into the role wonderfully. Jenny Ortega was lovely as always.

I'd rate it up near the original tbh.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
SAS Rogue Heroes Season 2.

Well, thank you for abruptly ending it again, right at


leaving the viewers not knowing if there will be a 3rd season or not, nor whenever that might be, a year, 2 or 3 years from now.

The time between season 1 and season 2 was 2 years and 2 months.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
I watched part of season one awhile back and then forgot about the series.


Wheels

It seems like the series didn't make much of an impression on you then!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
I finish Squid Games S2, I finish SAS Rogue Heroes S2.

Starting this.

[Linked Image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14273790/

S1 was in January 2023 and I have forgotten about it.

Saw S2 just drop this past week on Amazon. Didn't know a 2nd season was in the works.

S1 trailer



S2 trailer


Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12


A WW1 tank film, based on a true story.

It was decent for a short low budget indie film.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
To this day, I have no clue how Sam Mendes managed to make a blockbuster box office film about WWI and on top of that, no US soldiers were involved at all! I'm still scratching my head in amazement.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,154
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,154
Likes: 190
I am sick of the "100 lb, 5 foot tall chick going Bruce Lee on 3 200 lb dudes" trope.

That is all. Just venting.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Prime has all the NBC Mystery movie series from the 1970's now. Columbo, McCloud & McMillan & Wife were the anchors of that rotation. I started with McMillan & Wife several weeks ago.

McMillan & Wife: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066685

By rotating an episode weekly among those three series plus some others there were not many episodes of each series. McMillan & Wife only had 40 episodes and it ran for 6 seasons when the entire Mystery Movie series was cancelled.

Just started the McCloud series about a week or two ago. I am in season two of it.
McCloud: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065317/
McCloud had 46 episodes.


Wheels


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Has anyone here seen "Conclave," starring Ralph Fiennes and Stanley Tucci? Fiennes is such a great actor that it is worth watching anything he's in, and the trailers for this movie do look good.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by semmern
Has anyone here seen "Conclave," starring Ralph Fiennes and Stanley Tucci? Fiennes is such a great actor that it is worth watching anything he's in, and the trailers for this movie do look good.


I've not seen it but I know the film has had great reviews across the board.

As for Ralph Fiennes, he's an absolutely masterful actor. His portrayal of Amon Goeth in "Schindler's List" is one that will still be viewed with astonishment 100 years from now.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Catching up another 1980s movie I missed cos I wasn't born yet

NYC should be a maximum security prison

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-New-York-Kurt-Russell/dp/B00B19DW0E


Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
S
Veteran
Veteran
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 11,292
Likes: 16
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
I've not seen it but I know the film has had great reviews across the board.

As for Ralph Fiennes, he's an absolutely masterful actor. His portrayal of Amon Goeth in "Schindler's List" is one that will still be viewed with astonishment 100 years from now.

Yes, he is definitely among the modern greats! He is extremely good in Schindler’s List, but my favourite part of his is in Grand Budapest Hotel.


In all my years I've never seen the like. It has to be more than a hundred sea miles and he brings us up on his tail. That's seamanship, Mr. Pullings. My God, that's seamanship!
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by semmern
but my favourite part of his is in Grand Budapest Hotel.


IMHO that is Wes Anderson's best film to date and of course Fiennes was great!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Watching this WW1 movie with Daniel Craig before he was James Bond.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161010/


Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Will watch this this weekend. Another movie I wasn't allowed to see because I was a kid.

25th Anniversary BluRay. Contains 3 cuts

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Conan the Barbarian, both the 1982 original and the 2011 remake.

I like the original better even though it's basically a B movie.

The soundtrack slaps.


Page 400 of 442 1 2 … 398 399 400 401 402 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,904 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1