SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 393 of 442 1 2 … 391 392 393 394 395 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
A recent X post on the subject of injecting agendas into TV shows... note the shared article is pro woke agenda, the poster (BaronDestructo / ie Joe Mallozzi) is not.


That Variety article is absolute garbage. There's one thing certain with the woke: "variety" is not something in their "diverse" vocabulary. Conform, or else...


As expected, all of the major entertainment industry websites like Variety, Hollywood Reporter and Deadline have a very obvious left wing political slant to them.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by F4UDash4

Did you ever give Westworld a shot? I recommend it since you seem to like sci-fi quite a bit.

First season was great... after that... err... umm... well...

Yeah, heard that too. No desire to get into a series that disappoints after only 1 season.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
I also just noticed what I would consider an error in one of the gauges. Anyone else see it?


Wheels

RPN rather than RPM?


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by F4UDash4

Did you ever give Westworld a shot? I recommend it since you seem to like sci-fi quite a bit.

First season was great... after that... err... umm... well...

Yeah, heard that too. No desire to get into a series that disappoints after only 1 season.

Check out the Fallout series on Amazon then. It was made by the same producers who made Westworld!


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Fallout is on my list. I started the first episode and my wife made me turn off, halfway through. Was too much for her. I'll watch by myself sometime soon.

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
RPN rather than RPM?

Spot on. Give that man a batch of
[Linked Image]


Wheels
Attachments
cookies.jpg


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
I prefer oatmeal raisin. smile


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,913
Likes: 32
D
DM Online: Content
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Online: Content
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,913
Likes: 32
Originally Posted by wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted by F4UDash4
RPN rather than RPM?

Spot on. Give that man a batch of

Also, I would say that the increment between 200 and 250 KM/H is 50, while all the other increments are 20 smile


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Originally Posted by DM
Also, I would say that the increment between 200 and 250 KM/H is 50, while all the other increments are 20 smile

It is quite likely that would not work correctly since that is a mechanical speedometer in the Mach 5 and the spacing between the 200 and 250 looks to be about the same as all the rest. Good find. thumbsup

If you don't like oatmeal-raisin maybe F4U will share his chocolate chip cookies with you?
[Linked Image]


Wheels
Attachments
oatmeal_raisin.png


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
We just started watching "Northern Exposure" for the first time ever. About 4 episodes in, seems pretty good. Not hooked yet, we shall see.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
That was a great show, F4UDash4, or so I recall from way back in the 90s when I last watched.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Never watched "Northern Exposure" since the premise didn't interest me but I know it was a popular show when it originally aired in the early 90's.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Deadpool and Wolverine.

A dumpster fire hot mess.

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
F
Veteran
Veteran
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 18,148
Likes: 190
"Northern Exposure" is funny, odd, quirky and I can't think of anything else that compares directly. It's not a top 10, must see, cinematic art for sure but it is certainly worth a look.


US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars:
1925 - $153.00
2025 - $20,497.00

"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I saw a few movies the last couple of weeks:

1) "The Woman" -- This 2011 horror film surprised me, immensely. I did not expect to be as captivated as I was by what appeared be a seemingly simple plot--a man captures a wild woman in the woods, yet, I was. I should not have doubted this, as the film was written and directed by none other than Lucky McKee, the creator of May, another exquisite piece of horror. Excellent character development, great music(some may hate but I enjoyed), interesting twists and a slow, but ultimately interesting burn. The payoff later in the film was worthwhile. While done with a minimal budget, this underdog can easily knock out Hollywood giants. A cult film for the ages, this one will stick with you. *** out of **** stars.

2) "Hillbilly Elegy" -- I watched because JD Vance has impressed me. He's intelligent, persuasive, pensive and reserved, so I felt learning more about his childhood would be worthwhile. What I saw... surprised me. Little did I know he grew up a lot like my Dad. I respect him even more now. Anyone interested in the man--or dislikes him even, should watch this autobiography. *** out of **** stars.

3) "Killer - Malevolence 3" -- Horror is a fickle genre. Reviews are often quite polarized, and seldom give high marks, on average. In a way, that's the test of a great, creepy story. They are supposed to be unsettling, push the limits, and at times strike a nerve. This is why so many are rated on the middle of the spectrum. This is also why finding good horror is quite difficult. Few will scare--very few, but the good ones entertain. Unlike many, I enjoyed the prequels "Malevolence" and "Bereavement." They were intense character studies of a madman and his subjects. "Killer," on the other hand, was less of this, and while directed in 2018, was more like a pure 1980s slasher flick. Although following the story of the ever evolving antagonist, gone is the slow burn angle and instead, as Gamespy used to say, "Let's get on with the killing." And kill he did. Full of typical horror trope characters, the romp is nonetheless enjoyable. Worth your time if you like this niche genre. Not quite as good as the first two films, but decent enough. ** 3/4 out of **** stars.

4) "I.S.S." -- I was unsure of this choice, initially, but seeing that the Scorpions pedigree was featured in the film was enough to push me over the top, so I gave this a shot. Sounds silly, but I enjoy scifi, good and bad. I expected bad here, however surprised I was. No, this will not win an Oscar, nor was it as exciting as "Gravity" was at times, however like "Gravity," there were moments of implausibility, although I must say "I.S.S." had far less. What we got instead was a decent premise--Russian and American astronauts are onboard the International Space Station when World War Three breaks out. Who hasn't thought about that? I have. Now we have a movie illustrating what might happen in orbit, thereafter. Not bad. I was entertained and did not "space" out. *** out of **** stars.

Last edited by Mr_Blastman; 10/14/24 07:24 PM.
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Great movie!!

The Monuments Men (2014)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2177771/

https://www.amazon.com/Monuments-Men-George-Clooney/dp/B00IGE80UE

interesting facts (Google Search)

Quote
How many pieces did The Monuments Men save?

In all, they restored and returned to their rightful owners more than five million works of art, including works by Rembrandt, Vermeer, Botticelli, Manet, and many others, plus sculptures, tapestries, fine furnishings, books and manuscripts, scrolls, church bells, religious relics...

How much art is still missing from WWII?

30,000 pieces.

Adolf planned to put all that stolen art into his Führermuseum. I guess he really thought he was going to win the war fighting the Russians on one front and the Allies on another front. What a delusional idiot.

https://www.dailyartmagazine.com/story-hitlers-art-museum/

Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Hard Target (1993)

These images will explain it better than I can:






[Linked Image]

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
W
Lifer
Lifer
W Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 27,044
Likes: 26
Monk @ IMDb
I have been binge watching Monk again. I had stopped midway through season 2 some time in April and I am just starting season 3 right now. I am enjoying the series but it is not a binge watch until you finish series for me. Some of the far fetched ways Monk solves the cases get to be too much so a break from time to time is necessary for me to regain my enthusiasm for the character.


Wheels
Attachments
monk.jpg


Cheers wave
Wheelsup_cavu

Mission4Today (Campaigns, Missions, and Skins for IL-2)
Planes of Fame Air Museum | March Field Air Museum | Palm Springs Air Museum
Page 393 of 442 1 2 … 391 392 393 394 395 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,875 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1