SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Hop To
Page 384 of 442 1 2 … 382 383 384 385 386 … 441 442
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
I just checked and her film made 5.3 million this past opening weekend. Not bad at all for a self-funded independent film.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
It starts well but IMO it got jumbled Hollywood predictable cliche

https://www.amazon.com/I-Robot-Will-Smith/dp/B000I9VZKW

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Watched Knox Goes Away last night. Life long Keaton fan and it didn't disapoint at all. Quite touching at the end and nice twist. Recommended.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20115766/

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
It starts well but IMO it got jumbled Hollywood predictable cliche

https://www.amazon.com/I-Robot-Will-Smith/dp/B000I9VZKW



The movie was VERY loosely based on the Asimov stories and I do mean VERY. It was a decent film worth watching once and that's it.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
I watched 1/2 of it and quit, won't go back to finish it.

I am starting Dune Part One now. Get it done, grab lunch and watching Eclipse on NASA.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy


I am starting Dune Part One now. .



Have your read the novel? If yes, it will greatly enhanced your experience with the movie.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Just watched Wicked Little Letters. Olivia Coleman was great fun in it. Not suitable for people who don't like swearing. Good easy watch though.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20234774/

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
@Panzer. I didn't read the novel but I've seen the 1980s version. I should read the novel first?

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
@Panzer. I didn't read the novel but I've seen the 1980s version. I should read the novel first?




I highly recommend you read it for the simple fact that Dune is a complex multi-layered story. You will definitely have a better idea of what is going on if you read the book first.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
I never read Lord of the Rings, I did enjoy all 6 movies and saw them twice in theater and watched the longer DVD version twice too

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I never read Lord of the Rings, I did enjoy all 6 movies and saw them twice in theater and watched the longer DVD version twice too



IMHO, the story in Lord of the Rings is more straight forward when compared to the story in Dune. I also have never read the LOTR books and I never felt lost when i was watching the movies.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
I'll look at the library. Is it just one book?

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I'll look at the library. Is it just one book?



Yes, the 2 parts of the new film are based on the first Dune book. The second book is "Dune Messiah" which may or may not be made into a film n the future.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 12,417
Likes: 12
Fallout.

I've only on the 4th episode but so far it's not great, not terrible, about on par with the Twisted Metal t.v. series as expected.

Fallout's much greater budget is apparent in some scenes however.

I'll say again that I hope it does well enough to pull in some normies and encourage Bethesda to get a move on with their next single player Fallout.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
I'll look at the library. Is it just one book?



Yes, the 2 parts of the new film are based on the first Dune book. The second book is "Dune Messiah" which may or may not be made into a film n the future.


Both are very excellent books. Children of Dune was next and wasn't bad. Things got real weird after that. I don't think anyone will make a movie past those first three. I'd be curious if they did try it though.

Dune by itself makes for a good one off book so you could skip the rest if you're not into reading or the setting.

Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
James Cameron's Terminator 2 Extended Skynet edition with the real ending that was never shown in theatres .

Should had kept the ending and end the story.

It was perfect.

Just like Cameron's other sequel, Aliens. That was PERFECT too. It should had ended there. There really was no reason for the awful Alien 3 and all the sequels and prequels.

Especially Alien 3: to kill of Reese and Newt, that's was a big F U to the audience!!


Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 4,121
Originally Posted by Crane Hunter
Fallout.

I've only on the 4th episode but so far it's not great, not terrible, about on par with the Twisted Metal t.v. series as expected.

Fallout's much greater budget is apparent in some scenes however.

I'll say again that I hope it does well enough to pull in some normies and encourage Bethesda to get a move on with their next single player Fallout.


It gets better on the at the 7th ep. I was like meh when I reached the 4th. ep but It picks up and unfolds at about the 7th. ep.

Yep, last movie/series was Fallout. Almost got the misses to go watch Dune but she wanted to watch a horror movie. We be like night and day, I tell you! biggrin


Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,032
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
James Cameron's Terminator 2 Extended Skynet edition with the real ending that was never shown in theatres .

Should had kept the ending and end the story.

It was perfect.

Just like Cameron's other sequel, Aliens. That was PERFECT too. It should had ended there. There really was no reason for the awful Alien 3 and all the sequels and prequels.

Especially Alien 3: to kill of Reese and Newt, that's was a big F U to the audience!!




One of the few posts of yours that I think is 100% on the mark!

Absolutely right that both the Terminator and Alien franchises should have ended after their respective second film. All films after that ranged from mediocre to terrible.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 8,327
Likes: 19
My sisters were watching it so I join them. They were screaming and covering their eyes in horror. I covered my eyes too so I could nap through half of the movie. It was so boring, a root canal would had been more eventful and exciting.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14966898/

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,825
Likes: 84
Originally Posted by NoFlyBoy
My sisters were watching it so I join them. They were screaming and covering their eyes in horror. I covered my eyes too so I could nap through half of the movie. It was so boring, a root canal would had been more eventful and exciting.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt14966898/


I hope you are wrong as I've been looking forward to this.

Page 384 of 442 1 2 … 382 383 384 385 386 … 441 442

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,076,570 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1