SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 35 of 68 1 2 … 33 34 35 36 37 … 67 68
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Have you done "Seismic Activity" yet?


No I don't believe so. I should check it out.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer
Have you done "Seismic Activity" yet?


No I don't believe so. I should check it out.



If someone fires a nuke which heads towards the area southwest of Nuka World then you know "Seismic Activity" will be starting soon. Most players just spawn at Nuka World and then head towards the big roller coaster ride. That's where the event takes place.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Thanks, yes, I saw that yesterday, but I was otherwise engaged at the time. I'll give it a go.

I basically finished all the main quests, which is rather a bummer. I still have the Responders Reborn quest, but I think that is just the Pitt. Otherwise, all done. Along with that I got the Hellcat PA finally. But I don't know which set to choose. It would be too much investment in time and resources to mod them all I think. So I want to choose one to focus on, but which one? I have

-- T-45. But no helmet, so am using a T-51 lid. This set is modded, all pieces legendary, making it my top set. Protections are like 540/540/400 so it currently outclasses all the better, but less well developed sets. I like the look, Fallout 3 vibes.
-- Excavator. Has that sweet +100 carry weight, which is great, plus the mining yield bonus, but as nice as that is, it is combat and radiation protection that is key.
-- Ultracite. It's good yeah?
-- Hellcat. This set looks pretty bad ass, and I think is probably the best set I have, potentially

I have yet to see any X-01 pieces, but I think they are in FO76. So I have to make a decision here, pick one of these to make my main suit so I can make it better without having to mod multiple sets.

With the bullion economy opened up now I am looking to get one of the top non-PA sets as mentioned. I've decided that what I want is Brotherhood Recon Armor, which looks great. But that only drops in daily ops, and I have yet to even do one of those. The drop rate is very low too, so this wouldn't be a good plan, to focus on a set I'll never actually get haha. That pretty much leaves Secret Service, but it makes you look like a Stormtrooper from Star Wars, which is not a good look in the wasteland. I think you can wear clothes over top of it, yes? If so no big deal I guess. This armor can only be bought will bullion. 1250 for the chest piece, and 750 for each arm and leg, for 4250 bullion total. The helmet is another 1650 but doesn't offer any protection and I think can be ignored.

I have 2100 bullion now, which will be 2500 once the shops tick over a new day. So this will take some time, at least a week, and even then I need more notes, which don't come all that fast.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond


I've decided that what I want is Brotherhood Recon Armor, which looks great. But that only drops in daily ops, and I have yet to even do one of those. .


I've been using the Brotherhood Recon Armor for close to 2 years now and I absolutely love it. In addition to looking great, it also has great stats. Only the Secret Service Armor competes with it when it comes to the stats.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I'm jelly smile

I saw a pic of the two side by side and it's no comparison, from a style point of view. But if I can wear clothes over it then it's not an issue. It would be forever and a day before I got a full set, so I have to look elsewhere.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond
I'm jelly smile

I saw a pic of the two side by side and it's no comparison, from a style point of view. But if I can wear clothes over it then it's not an issue. It would be forever and a day before I got a full set, so I have to look elsewhere.


I know you like to use a stealth build so that's why I gave you those stealth boys and the stealth perk magazines yesterday. Have you used the stealth boys much?


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Honestly no, but thanks for thinking of me.

My stealth is already high. I think I've used stealth boys twice, and once was actually yesterday. I was doing a quest, I think it may have been A Satisfied Conscience, part of the Steel Reign quest line. I had to clear out a huge room full of robots and proceed deeper in the facility. Later I had to come back through this room and this time a bunch of turrets had appeared, the little ones on the wall that shoot lasers, and a whole new bunch of robots. So I'm all like screw that and popped a stealth boy to just walk right through. But in general I don't really need them as I have all the stealth perks and shadowed and muffled armor. It's so effective that enemies walk right through me and don't see me.

This was the image I saw that convinced me I want the recon armor. Just no contest in the style stakes

Brotherhood Recon on the left, Secret Service on the right

Last edited by DBond; 08/16/23 02:09 PM.

To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
New plan.

So Minerva is coming, and will be at Foundation in a few days. According to this link, she will have all the SS plans for sale at a discount. Nice. But no Brotherhood Recon.

Where Is Minerva?

That's 25% off, or 3190 bullion if I skip the helmet, which I will. I can swing this. I'm at 2500 bullion now, will be 2900 when the new day ticks over. When I realized yesterday that the season is ending on the 22nd, I looked at the scoreboard and saw I was seven or eight levels away from a 250 bullion reward for 1st members. So I've been hustling challenges, and now have just two to go. So even if I don't get any more notes I'll have enough to buy the full set of SS armor. I think I want the underarmor too since I believe it boosts the stats of the armor?

And I picked Hellcat for my main PA and started modding it. But then I saw mods are bought with more bullion. Derp. Got some servos on it, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond


And I picked Hellcat for my main PA and started modding it. But then I saw mods are bought with more bullion. Derp. Got some servos on it, so I have that going for me. Which is nice.


Definitely try out the Hellcat armor in combat and let me know what you think. I used it for quite a while until I built the T-65 armor set. Before the Hellcat PA, I was using the Ultracite PA which was also good but the Hellcat had better stats across the board.

So here is my PA progression so far with Fallout 76: Excavator PA ---- Ultracite PA --- Hellcat PA --- T-65 PA.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Yeah, that is logical. T-65 I won't get. In one sense it is way more expensive, and in another less expensive, since the Hellcat suit was free. But the Hellcat mods are more expensive right?

Anyway, once I purchase SS, it will be a while until I can start buying mods for the Hellcat. Maybe they'll drop? I had that servo mod which must have been a drop or reward, don't know how I got it.

I got a second one of that lever-action you gave me, did the same event I guess. I did another event, I think it was Radiation Rumble? What a scene man. Just absolute mayhem. I was grinning the whole time. Great rewards and loot.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by DBond


I got a second one of that lever-action you gave me, did the same event I guess. I did another event, I think it was Radiation Rumble? What a scene man. Just absolute mayhem. I was grinning the whole time. Great rewards and loot.



Oh absolutely! Rad Rumble is one of my favorite events and you definitely rack up the XP on that one. I just use my 40mm grenade launcher to kill the hordes of glowing ghouls and it works great. I also equip the perk card that increases my damage against glowing enemies by 60%. I think it's called "glow sight".


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
You would have fit right in. The entire time the event was going on there were explosions from grenades. Non stop. So many in fact I wondered if they were coming from some automated turret or something. If all those grenades were being thrown by players I'm amazed. Maybe someone had a grenade launcher.

It's disappointing that legendary automatic ballistic rifles never drop from this stuff. It's all heavy weapons and melee. I got like four pool cues from one event yesterday. I mean, throw me a bone now and then.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Did we lose Wigean? Haven't heard from him in a few days, and haven't seen him in the game. If you're still playing, do you want a full set of legendary T-45 power armor? I'll drop it for you if you're keen smile It's better than any of my other sets, but this would clear some space and kick my ass in to gear getting the Hellcat and Excavator modded up. I built a fusion core recharger in my camp. Not sure if you can use it though. I think my water purifier is unlocked too, so help yourself if it works that way.

How do I get a vintage water cooler plan?

In the Minerva race, I am out in front. Turned in another 40 notes to hit 2900 bullion. That left me with 7. So I hit up a bunch of events, and by the time I shut it down I had 44. So that will be another 400, to take me to 3300 when I log back in. The next level on the scoreboard is going to be 250, so I'll be at 3550, and will still be gaining notes. So yeah, when Minerva arrives I'll be able to buy the plans for all SS pieces save the helm. The underarmor too, and I have the flux needed to craft it.

I've put together a pretty good set of armor. It's all lightweight, like scout armor and leather. With all my perks synergizing I get protection of about 270/275 with 25 cryo. But radiation is also just 27, and that is not enough. But that's pretty good for a set so light.

I wonder what SS weighs? But I think my radiation protection will jump to about 200 with this set? That'll be good. You get 15 just from the shielded underarmor. 3 days left smile


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Do you still need the plan for the Fixer DBond? I can't remember if you mentioned that in a previous post.

Concerning the Vintage Cooler Water plan I think you have to buy it from the Atom Store.

Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/18/23 02:29 PM.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
I don't have the Fixer plan no. But I have one Fixer. That is probably fine, but the plan would be good to have. Then I could have another one to roll endlessly with unsatisfactory results!

I'll keep an eye out for the water cooler, and then I could replace the purifier in the camp and take down some of the unsightly wiring.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,026
Likes: 66
I'll drop off the Fixer plan for you next time I see you online.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by DBond
Did we lose Wigean? Haven't heard from him in a few days, and haven't seen him in the game. If you're still playing, do you want a full set of legendary T-45 power armor? I'll drop it for you if you're keen smile It's better than any of my other sets, but this would clear some space and kick my ass in to gear getting the Hellcat and Excavator modded up. I built a fusion core recharger in my camp. Not sure if you can use it though. I think my water purifier is unlocked too, so help yourself if it works that way.


I am still here. smile

If I want a T-45 power armour.?
Yes please. smile

I`ve been busy with daughter and her boyfriend coming back from Sicily. Had to pick them up on the airport yesterday.
A tale of lost luggage, Etna erupting, delayed flight including barbeque last night. biggrin

Anyway I went up to lumber company to "talk" (negotiate) with the bandits. When I arrived I found a couple of characters down in the basement that was unfriendly.
So, I decided I didn`t want to wait and used DBonds Handmade rifle instead.
Cleared the rest of the farm on my way out. Found poer armour in a barn and used that for the rest of the mission.
The power armour slowly lost power (fusion battery?) so I decided I would try to make it last back to my camp.
I managed to get "home" . So now I have to go down to the bar and tell the barkeeper what happened with the bandits. Hope she is happy. smile

OT. @DBond. I made a video and sent it to 2K23. Hope they can help.
Skills and Archetype is intact so I can build on that.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Did you pick up any dropped Handmades at the lumber company? Scrap them to learn the plans is my advice. Keep doing that is my advice, umm, too. Two advices.

OK about the T-45. it's nice. Yes, you will need fusion cores and I'll give you a couple when I drop the PA. If you bought the Pitt DLC you can build a fusion core re-charger, but it does require 20 power.

T-45 is the worst set overall. But this particular set is better than that smile

You can step out of power armor and hit space to recall it to your inventory if the power runs out. That will put a frame in your inventory that only weighs 10, regardless of what the attached pieces weigh. Owned power armor will also be automatically recalled to your inventory after a short interval. You can drop owned power armor frames to get rid of them. You can hit X to inspect your power armor frame in the pip boy and then hit V to rename it so you know which PA you are looking at. Otherwise, they all appear the same when in inventory.

Fingers crossed for your golf problem.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213
Likes: 40
Originally Posted by DBond
Did you pick up any dropped Handmades at the lumber company? Scrap them to learn the plans is my advice. Keep doing that is my advice, umm, too.Two advices.

OK about the T-45. it's nice. Yes, you will need fusion cores and I'll give you a couple when I drop the PA. If you bought the Pitt DLC you can build a fusion core re-charger, but it does require 20 power.

T-45 is the worst set overall. But this particular set is better than that smile

Fingers crossed for your golf problem.


Let me see:

I am in game now and I picked up 2 automatic handmade. I have also a vampire`s suppressed automatic handmade (2 starts) that looks like the one you gave me except there is no scope on it.
I might have escaped the lumber company to early. May be I should have tried to find more items.
Thing is I had completed the mission and wanted to get out of there to make sure I brought everything home.


“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,100
Likes: 81
Originally Posted by Wigean
I have also a vampire`s suppressed automatic handmade (2 starts) that looks like the one you gave me except there is no scope on it.


Yes, I gave you that one. Don't scrap that one until level 25 smile

And even then it is probably a better idea to scrip it in a legendary machine at any train station or the Whitespring mall. Or the Rusty Pick, but that one is disabled at the moment due to nefarious actions by shady characters. Scrip is a currency which can be turned in to legendary modules which are used to roll legendary effects on a weapon or armor. All unwanted legendary items should be disposed of in this manner I'd say.

The suppressed Vampire Handmade has a reflex sight on it to complement the scoped semi-auto. Reflex sights make it usable at short ranges and lower the AP cost in VATS. And weigh less too. I thought you might like to have the chance to evaluate both types of weapons before spending your perk points on one or the other.

Just so I don't miss something, here's what I wrote at the time

Quote
About the rifles.... yeah, so I gave you a suppressed semi-auto Handmade to your specs. And I also gave you a suppressed Vampire automatic Handmade. I figured at this stage, since you haven't really specced in to commando or rifleman, you could have the opportunity to try both and see which way you want to go. That automatic is modified to be like what I carry, and the life steal makes it fantastic in events and tough fights. The problem is ammo. I find a lot and craft a lot, I sure do shoot a lot! But grab every gunpowder and lead you see so you can support that automatic when you use it. Pencils, tin cans, weights and barbells, combination wrenches, rat poison and paint cans all have lead. And in true Fallout fashion, toys (cars, aliens, rocketships, trucks), wooden toy blocks and baby rattles also contain lead. If you have a Luck point to spare -- and you should if you make a second camp loadout for crafting -- have a look at Super Duper which can really help when making stuff. I use this plus Ammosmith to boost the ammunition crafting yield.

I'm glad I got these to you before you turn 15, so that when you do you can go straight to them, if you want of course. It will coincide with the combat training wheels coming off in this game and should be perfect timing. Have fun and let me know what you think once you've given them a go. At level 25 these rifles should be replaced with new ones I reckon. Between 15 and 25 scrap every one you find so you can make good ones at level 25 after learning plans. You can get Handmade rifles at the lumber company off the free radicals, and cultists and blood eagles can drop them too.



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Page 35 of 68 1 2 … 33 34 35 36 37 … 67 68

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,875 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1