|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Yes thanks, I accepted it. It wasn't an achievement I was after, but a challenge, although it did not trigger yet. Something like "Have a friend". Worth a few atomic points. Maybe you then have to accept the acceptance haha.
I did hit level 75 and with it the second legendary perk. I chose Strength. I had enough perk points to rank it up once (50 pts). So I thought, that was easy, I'll just scrap enough cards to do that again and hit rank 3. Did so and then found out the next rank is 100 pts! What the hell. I didn't plan on that. What a drag, and that turns it in to a serious grind. My plan to raise this new perk to rank 5 has gone awry, because I didn't know how it worked. Well, anyway, I got one rank each of Blocker and Sturdy Frame, plus additional carry weight and melee damage so it's all good. But it won't be as quickly transformative as I had envisioned.
It does mean however that all those useless perk cards I've been complaining about are actually good, because it makes the decision to scrap them for perk points easy.
Just as I returned to camp to shut it down for the evening I noticed the summer camp challenges. So I crafted that squirrel backpack and should hit a bunch of these tonight. I saw legendary modules in the loot pool and I want some of that.
And I finally have functional underarmor. Got plans for the marine wetsuit. Prior to finding one I could use, I had been snapping up the mods for the various underarmors, so that when and if I found one I'd be able to improve it. So I could make the resistant version, which is nice. It grants +6 to ballistic, energy and radiation damage resistance, grants +1 to Strength, Perception and Endurance and this particular suit grants immunity to water-borne disease. Nice. Not bad for 2 carry weight.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
I did hit level 75 and with it the second legendary perk. I chose Strength. I had enough perk points to rank it up once (50 pts). So I thought, that was easy, I'll just scrap enough cards to do that again and hit rank 3. Did so and then found out the next rank is 100 pts! What the hell. I didn't plan on that. What a drag, and that turns it in to a serious grind. My plan to raise this new perk to rank 5 has gone awry, because I didn't know how it worked. Well, anyway, I got one rank each of Blocker and Sturdy Frame, plus additional carry weight and melee damage so it's all good. But it won't be as quickly transformative as I had envisioned.
.
Yes, it takes a LOT of perk coins to fully level up the legendary cards. Having said that, I have close to 2,000 perk coins because I fully maxed out all of the legendary cards that I care to use a long time ago. Too bad I can't trade those perk coins in for something else valuable like the Possum/Pioneer points.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Holy sh!t that's a lot, especially considering that 2000 does not include all the points you've spent. I read that it takes about 600 levels to have enough points to max out all six legendary perks. I cannot know if I'll get there, but my pace is good 
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
Holy sh!t that's a lot, especially considering that 2000 does not include all the points you've spent. I read that it takes about 600 levels to have enough points to max out all six legendary perks. I cannot know if I'll get there, but my pace is good  Level 600 sounds about right and at the pace you are going you'll hit 600 early next year. At least that's my educated prediction! I should be hitting level 1,100 within the next month.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/03/23 01:51 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
I don't think I can maintain this sort of pace. I don't even want to say how much time I've played already in the three weeks since picking it up. But it is a lot. And then each level comes a little more slowly. But if I did maintain such pace it would be exactly six months to hit 600. But this would require playing every day and for hours at a time. That's too optimistic, so if I stick with this game I think one year is closer to reality. Maxing out my legendaries is low on the priority list, but it is a target, and those are gold in games like this. I need to be pursuing goals, no matter how trivial. So I continually identify them. That one however is too far in the distance to worry about now. I would like to get Strength maxed out, as it would be a big boost.
For now, level 100 and the third perk is a good target. After that the interval is 50 levels, so level 100 will be a nice boost and have to carry me for a while.
What's the deal with flux? I saw the third and fourth mods for my underarmor need flux. I've seen it in the game world, probably drops from players since it was inert and they were just dropping it since it is now useless. But how do you get it?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
What's the deal with flux? I saw the third and fourth mods for my underarmor need flux. I've seen it in the game world, probably drops from players since it was inert and they were just dropping it since it is now useless. But how do you get it?
Ah, welcome to the wonderful world of "ultracite". When you complete the main storyline you will unlock the ability to craft ultracite ammo which requires "stable flux" as one of its components. Stable flux is crafted from inert flux as well as some other ingredients. Inert flux comes from collecting irradiated flora which can only be found inside irradiated zones which have been nuked recently. Ultracite ammo is much more powerful than the standard non-ultracite ammo and it's especially effective against anything "scorched". You will also find human vendors selling stable flux from time to time and you get stable flux as rewards by completing "Scorched Earth" and "Seismic Activity".
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 08/03/23 04:34 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
I see, thanks very much. I'm not close to that point yet, but maybe I can jump in when someone else detonates a nuke and see what I can find?
I took out three scorchbeasts yesterday, one normal, one legendary and don't know about the third. So I'm getting there. Until yesterday I hid from them. But I thought I can't do that forever. let's see what this thing is all about. Quite tough and dangerous, but there's enough time between attacks to heal up if needed. But then, these aren't queens. This would give me a reason to bust out the power armor perhaps.
I'm ready to set up a vendor. For power all I have is a couple generators to power my water purifier. I have the plans for a fusion generator and I guess I might as well build one? It's pretty big, so I'd need to work out an aesthetic solution for it. But it would give me the power I need and lots of overhead to power new stuff down the line. And then I don't want wires all over the place so I need to learn more about connecting everything without making it look like a favela.
Is the caps limit 40k?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
Yes. It used to be 30k up until about 2 years ago. I hit the 40k cap all the freaking time so when I can't find any vendors who have stuff I want I just go to the Wayward and buy gold bullion. And the Scorchbeast Queen is several magnitudes tougher than the standard scorchbeasts (even the 3 star legendary ones) so you'll definitely want power armor and heavy weapons to fight her.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Yeah, I guessed so because I am wearing an aristocrats chest piece that grants DR according to how many caps you have, and I have 15k so a little math showed what the likely cap limit is. Everything I buy makes me less safe haha.
One last question if you don't mind.... I have the Overseer, Overseen mission. I understand this is when I choose between Settlers and Raiders. I will go Settlers for sure (stealth armor). I have raiders quests to do. Will making this decision cancel those remaining raider side quests? Does it make enemies of the raiders if I do this? So I guess the question is, is there a good reason to wait to do the Overseer, Overseen quest?
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
One last question if you don't mind.... I have the Overseer, Overseen mission. I understand this is when I choose between Settlers and Raiders. I will go Settlers for sure (stealth armor). I have raiders quests to do. Will making this decision cancel those remaining raider side quests? Does it make enemies of the raiders if I do this? So I guess the question is, is there a good reason to wait to do the Overseer, Overseen quest?
Please check out the Fallout 76 Wiki just in case but I remember that Foundation did not become my enemy when I decided to side with the Raiders. They were still friendly to me even though some of the NPC's there expressed their disappointment with me when I talked to them. I also did all of the side missions for both sides BEFORE I did the final mission where you have to make the choice of who to side with.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
The wiki for this game is really good. Thorough, with all relevant details spelled out. One more thing tipping the scales.
But it's not so clear about this. However, it seems I will still be able to do those raider/crater side quests even after making this choice, so it seems nothing really will change. Thanks for the answer PM. I was likely always going to side with the settlers, but the stealth suit seals the deal. Can I wear clothing over top of it? Edit: Wiki says nope.
I went all that time looking for underarmor and now I have two. Got the plan for the BOS officer's uniform and crafted it and put resistant on it. It is half the weight of the wetsuit, and has an additional +2 balliistic protection. Energy is even and it has -3 radiation protection compared to the wetsuit. So pick your poison there. But it does not have the special ability to prevent water-borne disease of course and the SPECIAL boosts are different too. Well, it's good to have both and we will see which one I get the next level mod for and go from there.
Finished the Beckett quest line and started the Sophia the astronaut line. That 50 cal MG you get from Beckett is pretty nice.
And about the scorchbeast queen... yes I know you're right. I can hear how much firepower is expended to take it down when I am nearby. I know that thing is no joke. I'll have to jump in on the tail end of that to help take it down and get the rewards. Maybe strap on some PA and have at it.
I don't think I have gotten a single legendary automatic rifle as any quest reward. Just an endless stream of melee and heavy weapons. Here, have a pitchfork! Derp.
Last edited by DBond; 08/04/23 12:42 PM.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
But it does not have the special ability to prevent water-borne disease of course and the SPECIAL boosts are different too. . Once you've played long enough you should eventually have a good supply of the "disease cure" chem. Once you have those you don't really need the extra disease protection of that underarmor and instead you can use an underarmor that gives you better combat stats. For the stealth suit, I'm pretty sure you can wear any apparel over it. I think it's just the power armor that doesn't let you wear apparel over it.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Yeah, true. I have plenty and never use them. The disease goes away within an hour. Any effects seem inconsequential. My dude coughs or grunts now and then. Yeah, this effect means little.
Wiki says clothing cannot be worn over stealth suit.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
Wiki says clothing cannot be worn over stealth suit.
Thanks for clarifying that!
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
I guess it makes sense if the idea is the suit is thousands of little displays that mirror the environment to make the suit wearer disappear. If I put some wasteland duds over it it would negate the stealth. Or something.
I did the Mayor for a Day quest, and finished it yesterday. The blurb said the robots in Watoga would give me less trouble. But the next time I went, they not only gave less trouble, they were allies! What a shift.
I keep rolling handmades and what a frustrating experience it is when the results are so insistently RNG. Is there a trick, like standing on one foot while singing Ave Maria or something to get the roll you are thinking of? I gotta set up a vendor and start unloading some of these.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Panzer swooped in to my camp like Batman. Left a lot of loot and was gone in a flash. Thanks man for all the stuff. That shielded underarmor plan is clutch. I'll need to get a hold of some flux.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
|
|
Pro-Consul of Florida King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035 Likes: 66 |
Panzer swooped in to my camp like Batman. Left a lot of loot and was gone in a flash. Thanks man for all the stuff. That shielded underarmor plan is clutch. I'll need to get a hold of some flux. You're welcome DBond! It was nice finally getting to "see you" in-game.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
You too. Gear and kit are great, but it's plans man, that's where it's at. Whenever I find an unknown plan I am happy  And that one was good, one of the ones I was hoping to find. The Vanguard T-45 leg is nice too. I like the Vanguard effect, and that gives my T-45 suit a second vanguard piece, and the two combine to raise protection by 70 which is nice (if at full health of course). Turns out I don't have a T-45 helmet though. I did Overseer, Overseen and yeah, nothing changed really. It did not make enemies of either faction, but I think I was ahead of myself, since I didn't have to pick sides here. The Professor Bot was a delight. I'm now level 79. Flying right along. All the perks I am picking now are for the CAMP loadout. And maybe I'll start picking some that would fit a third build for power armor and heavy weapons. But legendary perks kind of screw this up. I mean, because you need perk points to level those legendary perks, you have to decide if you want perks that will be used for another type of build, or whether you'd prefer to scrap them for perk points. At my level, there is not the luxury to do both. I think that means the luxury of a third build will have to wait a couple hundred levels!
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82
Strategerizer Veteran
|
|
Strategerizer Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106 Likes: 82 |
Youtube embed doesn't seem to be working. But if anyone is wondering what FO76 is like, these two animated shorts sum it all up nicely https://youtu.be/2L_kWpwIQ9Qhttps://youtu.be/ft7tiYHZe3o
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213 Likes: 40
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Sep 2000
Posts: 2,213 Likes: 40 |
Ok. I have completed the "Final Departure" in Morgantown. Rather quiet. Some movements outside a factory building a couple of hundred meters away. As an italian engineer said last year. What are your thoughts now.? (question) I have one square pointer pretty far away. That is to follow the Occulation track. Is that the best for the games forward movement? (question) Then there are e few diamond pointers that seem to be side missions. (question) Or is the best quest to search all houses and plants etc. to gather as muvh as possible. For use in the different crafting places. (question)
Last edited by Wigean; 08/05/23 08:33 PM.
“We are still in the age of legends. You and I will not enter the promised land. We who have begun always perish before Jericho falls.”
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|