I watched the first episode on SAS Rogue Heros, on Amazon Prime. From the creators of Peaky Blinders. 6 parts, I am not prepared to judge it yet. One thing I will comment on is the use of music. Hearing 1970's AC/DC and Black Sabbath felt a bit out of place. Good tunes, but it snaps you out of the 1940's.
I rather enjoyed the sound-track personally as I regarded this series as a historical romp but with quite a high standard of accuracy.
I like the music (Sabbath, Priest, Saxon). But hearing it takes me out of the time period the story is set in. 4 episodes in now, it definitely picks up and gets better.
Update: Finished the series. I enjoyed it. I hope there is another season.
There is, scheduled for release in 2024, in production from next year. Maybe further series dealing with the later war years.
I watched the first episode on SAS Rogue Heros, on Amazon Prime. From the creators of Peaky Blinders. 6 parts, I am not prepared to judge it yet. One thing I will comment on is the use of music. Hearing 1970's AC/DC and Black Sabbath felt a bit out of place. Good tunes, but it snaps you out of the 1940's.
I rather enjoyed the sound-track personally as I regarded this series as a historical romp but with quite a high standard of accuracy.
I like the music (Sabbath, Priest, Saxon). But hearing it takes me out of the time period the story is set in. 4 episodes in now, it definitely picks up and gets better.
Update: Finished the series. I enjoyed it. I hope there is another season.
There is, scheduled for release in 2024, in production from next year. Maybe further series dealing with the later war years.
To be more precise, the original Winnie the Pooh book/novel became public domain so now anyone (including Disney) can make a film adaptation on it without having to pay any royalties or fees to a third party.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
I was at my brother in law's place for Christmas Eve and his family was watching "Home Alone". A few things struck me about this movie which I hadn't seen in probably about 20 years:
1. Macaulay Culkin was 10 years old when this movie came out and so was my wife!
2. The dad had to have been pulling down a six figure salary considering the size of that house plus the fact that it was in an upscale Chicago suburb. Oh, and he had 5 kids too.....
3. I first saw this movie in the theatre while on a date with a girl who I had been pursuing for a long time in high school.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”