SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#4596412 04/07/22 09:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
I am really looking forward to this...




Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
I hope they don't mess this up...

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
More news, I'm even more excited now!


Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
W
Member
Member
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,464
Likes: 18
[img]https://ibb.co/ysHdz8y[/img]


I probably more in the "Why not both?" camp.
As annoyed as I am with most Bethesda games, I still play the hell out of them and enjoy them. And skyrim, or fallout, in space sounds awesome.
On the other hand, I mostly play the crap out of them because they've been so mod friendly in the past, but with the latest versions of Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, they've been getting less so.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Reminds me of single player Star Citizen with lower res terrain meshes.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,914
Likes: 32
D
DM Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,914
Likes: 32
I'll hold off until I get a good feeling about it, which I currently don't have. I don't have a bad feeling about it, but that's not enough to get me interested nowadays. I don't wish to invest into a No Man's Skyrim.


"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
No game is perfect, that's a given, but I've enjoyed every Bethesda game I've played and I'm pretty sure I'll buy this one too.
For me, I'm playing a game, I don't look that deeply into it, and if it's giving me enjoyment and great exploration moments if it's a open world game, then all the better.
I do expect it won't be long after the game is released we'll all be stating '' I used to be a space explorer, until I took a laser to the knee''... biggrin

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
C
Veteran
Veteran
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,368
Likes: 19
I'm watching this with interest.

I'd like a new space game that I can get my teeth into. That game used to be Elite until they 'improved' exploring and at that point I lost interest. I still have it installed but the chances of me putting in any more hours is not great.

No Man's Sky nearly became the game of choice but that also fell by the wayside.

As for Star Citizen... enough said.

Unlike Trooper, I've never been overly enthusiastic about Bethesda's games in the past so I'll be taking a nice long sit on the fence with this one.


If you watch Jaws backwards, it's a heart warming story about a shark that spits out so many people that they have to open a beach.
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
Sooooooo looking forward to this game! After watching the newest video I am so hyped for it. Looks like how I imagined Elite Dangerous would be (still leaves a bad taste in my mouth how lacking that game was...)



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMOPoAq5vIA

Last edited by MaceUK71; 06/11/23 09:36 PM.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
I've always enjoyed Bethesda open world games, and I'm really looking forward to this one!

Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
Me too. They've tightened up the gunplay by the looks of it which was bad in the Fallout games, but it still had that Bethesda feel.

MaceUK71 #4628751 06/13/23 05:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Originally Posted by MaceUK71
Me too. They've tightened up the gunplay by the looks of it which was bad in the Fallout games,.



With or without the use of VATS?

if the gunplay in Starfield is similar to how it worked in the Mass Effect games then I'll be happy.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Fallout gunplay was deplorable. I tried to play that without VATS and the enemies had laser aim and would instant head shot. Pretty lame. Especially New Vegas. That was ridiculous.

Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2022
Posts: 11
Not so cover shooter-like as in ME although I'm sure you could go into cover. What it showed in the video was jetpack boosting up and shooting whilst airborne.

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 376
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 376
I'm watching this cautiously. Elite Dangerous was great at the start but ultimately left me very disappointed. We'll see, I guess. I'm retired and just want to play a game not start another job.

Last edited by Rumpelhardt; 06/27/23 11:08 PM.
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
Elite was great until the people started going to Mobius/Solo. I got a year out of the game, which was nice.

Frontier made many, many bad decisions, and failed to realize that if they lost the player interactions then most of their content would vanish as well.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,745
Likes: 8
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,745
Likes: 8
The funny thing about that is, I grew up on the original Elite, which was a single player game. I also played a later version, I believe it was Frontier, again it was single player.
So to me, Elite has ALWAYS been a single player game, and that's how I choose to play it personally.


Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
M
Veteran
Veteran
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 11,010
Likes: 47
The core game of Elite Dangerous is extremely shallow and boring once the humans are removed.

Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 125,035
Likes: 66
I put in close to 1,800 hours into Elite Dangerous. Very good game but I got my fill and moved on.


“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
Hotshot
Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,474
Likes: 13
ED is one of the best space games I've played... I never went in for the Odyssey thing, it just looked naff to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,078,151 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1