SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 … 7 8 9 10
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Originally Posted by JEFX
Are you still around? I would have a few questions!!!



Good talk.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 114
Likes: 1
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 114
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by DBond
Originally Posted by JEFX
Are you still around? I would have a few questions!!!



Good talk.


LOL... Have not been on this Forum for a long time good to see you are still here (and so is your humor!). I just sent an F4AF guy over here from the BMS Forum for help, he is looking for MP match ups.


Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 546.17 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver.  22H2 - Build 22621.2715 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
The guy comes on and seems very excited to talk about campaigns, which I must admit perks me up too, and then he's gone, never hear from him again. Odd, that.

We always are happy to have new members but this forum is mostly dead, and there's no MP going on that I am aware of. Schnidrman is still active MP as far as I know, but SimHQ type affairs are non existent. And most of us play BMS, but maybe there are a few AF players still about. I was, and still am in a sense, a big AF fan, there are still things I think AF did better campaign-wise. But BMS is close with campaigns and the jet is on an entirely new level compared to AF. As much as I like AF, there is no going back having flown BMS for any length of time.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 146
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by DBond
Schnidrman is still active MP as far as I know


I know this is an old thread, and last I heard from Schnidrman is he has a new job. He travels quite a bit. He's in our wing and on our Discord channel. Every once in a while I can reach him, but it's not often!

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Last night on a whim I decided to see how this thread is doing. 263k views. Not bad. i hope it has been of use to others. I started reading and got so swept up in it that I read through to the finish. It made me miss these days, reliving it all. It's been several years since I flew Falcon, and now I want to go again. No campaign in any sim, of any type, ever, is as good as what we get in Falcon. Just the way it is.

After that I then read through the various threads we had for the SimHQ online campaigns. These threads are also full of great campaign information. Tactics, strategies, theaters, airbases, weapons, enemy evals, weather, mission types, attack profiles, AARs and lots more is contained therein. So I'm going to add these to this thread. Over time, those threads have fallen far down the pages. But I think they should be included here, expanding the scope of this thread and rescuing them from their fate in obscurity.

Be aware that my time out may mean that some things no longer apply due to changes in the BMS versions.

This thread was about creating weather maps for my campaigns. I cannot overstate how much this improved my experience. Weather is fundamental to flight operations, yet few sims have a convincing weather system. It affects your airmanship, tactics, weapon selection and more.

Configuring Campaign Weather

Campaigns. So much fun, and eternal gratitude to my man Oden for making this happen. I think some of my best AAR work is in these threads.

SimHQ Rolling Fire Online Campaign

Rolling Fire Take 2

SimHQ Balance of Power Online Campaign (Balkans)

SimHQ KTO Iron Fortress Online Campaign


I know we did a Tiger Spirit campaign too, but didn't find a thread. I plan to work these links in to one of the first-page campaign posts so they are visible to anyone looking at this thread for campaign info.



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
P
I am just a cowboy
Member
I am just a cowboy
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
+1

The nostalgia and views of this thread alone show us what Frugals and the whole F4 engine was and is all about,
What amazing times and what an amazing sim .

Agree 100 percent that nothing anywhere on the planet can ever beat the sheer passion that went into the best simulation of the F16 viper ever made.

Great to see your still kickin and keeping the F4 community alive as it deserves.

You rock mate and many peeps are still around and happy see to the old girl getting the attention she deserves.

Godspeed fella.

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Hey Phoenix. Falcon's in you whether you're playing or not, right? I've been away for a while, but how many times through the years could I say that. When you think it's over twenty years you realize the scope of it all. How many versions have we installed, how many dances done haha. In BMS everything's better than it was at the start, but it's still remarkably the same thing we've been playing all along. Yes, reading through those threads a few years later was cool, seeing how we prosecuted the war, the results of the missions we flew. Flying Falcon with people who like to write AARs makes a good thread. And it's fun to see your own diary in a sense of your combat experiences smile

Like I said that made me want to go again, and I just might do. I have Crosswinds now and I never owned a set of pedals I actually liked, ever. Of course you don't need to ever use pedals in Falcon, except on the ground lol, but I'd have them.

Are you still flying?



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
P
I am just a cowboy
Member
I am just a cowboy
Member
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 585
Yeh

But not as much as i used to.

Bms is pretty buggy right now so im waiting for 4.36 to give it another run.

Just got the dcs ah64d module and im having a blast with that at moment,
Its an amazing module and in fairness they did a superb job.

Anyhoot good to see all those old handles from the good ol days and your doing a great job here...

Be well mate.

Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
Anyone know if there is a non-Korea scenario Campaign available for BMS F4? If so, where does one get it and if not, why not?

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Yes. Balkans, Israel and more. I got them at the BMS forum.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
L
Senior Member
Senior Member
L Offline
Joined: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,633
Thanks DBond!

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Anytime and good hunting.

Campaigns usually have to be updated for new versions of BMS, so be sure what you're getting is current. Maybe it won't matter? Too long out of the loop.

Balkans is my favorite add-on, and the Balance of Power campaign one of the best in Falcon. Under Siege is the quickest to complete (if the player controls the ground forces).

I just googled it and here ya go? Proceed at your own risk as I know nothing further

https://forum.falcon-bms.com/topic/19405/balkans-theater-for-falcon-bms-4-35

Last edited by DBond; 05/30/22 02:05 PM.

To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
Senior Member
Senior Member
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,094
Likes: 18
Just wanted to jump in if thats ok? BMS 4.36 is the newest version and what im currently training in..heres a theatre link to the compatable 4.36 version.

https://forum.falcon-bms.com/topic/22271/bms-4-36-theater-list


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 948
Thanks very much for making this thread and providing all the info, DBond.

I never flew Falcon 4.0 back in the day (though I read the manual through) having been busy with other things. I flew BMS 4.32 quite a bit, bought an Aeyes cockpit etc - did up a really nice cockpit with Cougar MFDs on a second monitor below my sim screen - all the works! I even flew online with someone from across the pond that I met here on SimHQ, to practise dropping Durandals - something unheard of for me prior to BMS.

But when 4.33 came out I moved on to other sims (and after VR in 2016 there was no other way to fly).

With the current state of the world and fuel prices soaring, part of my own contribution to using less electricity - for my bills and so the national supply doesn't go dark - I've built a Windows XP PC with old bits I had laying around, and will be using that for all my gaming over winter (or longer, depending on what happens in the world). I have installed the GOG Falcon pack and also BMS 4.32 and 4.33 - think I'll struggle to run anything after that. I also have AF installed. So I'm gonna have a ball with all that, and I was looking for info on any current multiplayer options when I stumbled across an old bookmark to this thread. I've made a nice Word document with all your info included and will be reading through it over the coming days and as a reference for future ops.

Cheers! thumbsup

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Strategerizer
Veteran
Strategerizer
Veteran
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,106
Likes: 82
Glad to know it's been useful. In one of the posts on the first page I linked some threads to our SimHQ online campaigns. Maybe you caught 'em?

Good hunting.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,663
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,663
Likes: 104
Thanks Grumble, downloading now. From your link it appears there were some issues but supposedly have been fixed, but still issues remain. Will wait a while for the issues to be resolved before I will install it. But thanks for the heads up, appreciate it. Looks like the 16k files still have a problem, can't unzip that file using 7zip, says " Header error ". I couldn't unzip the 16k file, says " Header Error ". Will wait to install once issues are resolved and try again. Would love to have this but it is not ready for release.

Last edited by Terl9999; 07/01/26 11:47 PM.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1
There is a new torrent uploaded now with the 16K file updated. It works fine, but only the first three campaigns run correctly (the devs know this and have said not to bother with the last two as they plan on removing or updating them).

Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,663
Likes: 104
T
Senior Member
Senior Member
T Online: Content
Joined: Oct 2024
Posts: 3,663
Likes: 104
Downloaded the " New Torrent " 16K file, still cannot un-zip it, same error " Header Error ". I use 7z to unpack, never had a problem it before this. Even tried WinRar and it said the 16k file was corrupted. Tried to register at the F4 BMS site so I could ask questions there but not going through. Any suggestions on the 16k file.? Thanks.

Last edited by Terl9999; 07/03/26 08:57 PM.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 57
Likes: 1
Hmm... I got... nothing! I have downloaded both files, and both work for me. Try the default windows upzipper? It sounds like a problem on your end, rather than the actual file.

Re registering at BMS... it can take a while. Everyone has to be individually approved to post; they're very focused on content (don't try politics there! smile ) and they're strict about moderation.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 … 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,566 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1