|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
New EXES 23rd August 2021 Unless you use a hard difficulty setting you can select an enemy aircraft that is visible on-screen by pressing "T" or a key set on your joystick. This puts the plane's ID and range with a little red target box where the plane is. Although it is helpful the text and target box can obscure parts of the plane itself, and it is even more of a problem when you are closing in to shoot. The new exe reads a file named "VisRange.mpf" which just has one number in it. The one supplied has a value of 1000. This means that when you get closer that 1000 metres to the selected plane the target box and the text disappear. This gives you a clear view for aiming, and allows you to target things such as engines in multi-engined planes. If your eaw.ini has the distance setting in feet the value in the file is multiplied by three. This is a rough, but good-enough approximation for the purpose, so the value of 1000 is 1000 metres or 3000 feet. If there is no "VisRange.mpf" file the default value is zero, so the target box and text are not turned off. Run the downloaded 7-zip ("Aug23EXES.exe") in the UAW160 folder. It will add the new map, old map and multiplayer only versions of the new exe to your "EAW Versions" folder and put the "VisRange.mpf" file in the root folder. The "VisRange.mpf" file is a text file, so you can change the "1000" to a different value using notepad. Once you are happy with it you can copy the one in the root folder and paste it into "GameData" as the default version.
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496 Likes: 9
EAW Old Timer and Bodger Hotshot
|
|
EAW Old Timer and Bodger Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496 Likes: 9 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
New exes for August 24th: August 24th EXES This is an extension of yesterday's idea. It does not need the "VisRange.mpf" file. When you approach a selected enemy aircraft with the target box, ID and range showing you can press F8 when you reach the ideal range. This will set the maximum range for the display of the target box, ID and range at the current range value. It is a toggle switch, so pressing F8 again will set the value to zero and you can re-set it whenever you want to  It allows you to set different values for small fighters and large bombers  Download the "Aug24thVersions.exe" and run it in your UAW160 folder. It will add the three versions of the exe to your "EAW Versions" folder: 24thAug2021NM.exe 24thAug2021OM.exe 24thAug2021MPOnly.exe  Jel
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,859
3DZ / campaign designer Senior Member
|
|
3DZ / campaign designer Senior Member
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,859 |
Wow, that's a great idea. Wonder why it took us 23 years to think of it. Just shows what life there is left in the game.
Another subject if you don't mind the intrusion.
In my installation the very heavy cannon gun sound and the revolver gun sound are missing. They exist in the folders but they do not work in the game. We've been down this road 4-5 times already, not sure why it keeps popping up.
Could you and your players confirm this is the case with their installations? Maybe try various execs?
Thanks in advance.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
Just remind me again. Which planes use these weapons?
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
I have tidied up a couple of things and made a new set August 30th 2021 New "EAW Versions"
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496 Likes: 9
EAW Old Timer and Bodger Hotshot
|
|
EAW Old Timer and Bodger Hotshot
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 7,496 Likes: 9 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 207
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 207 |
At GR now for a hour or 2 trying new exe's
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 207
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 207 |
Thanks for the game Jelly , was a lot of fun
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,134
Cockpit Connoisseur Senior Member
|
|
Cockpit Connoisseur Senior Member
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,134 |
"Blasts from clustered R4M quartets in my snout And see these English planes go burn...." Blue Oyster Cult
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
An example Initial approach with nothing set: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0106.png) F8 clicked to set the range. The ID, range and target box disappear: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0107.png) The target bomber was shot down in this attack. Second approach after downing the first bomber: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0108.png) The ID, range and target box are visible at this range. Getting closer: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0109.png) Even closer: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0110.png) And close enough to make the ID, range and target box to disappear: ![[Linked Image]](http://mogggy.org/Jelly/JellyPics/SCRN0111.png)
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 12,504 Likes: 2 |
I found a bug  In a tidy-up which removed some remmed out code in the August 30th version a couple of real code lines were accidentally deleted. This affected ground target selection, particularly the one that moves to the next ground target when you click "E" on the keyboard. I have fixed the problem, so there is a new set of three exes to download (New map, Old Map and Multiplayer only): September 4th targetting fix Enjoy Jel
Fly EAW online at GameRanger: GameRanger SiteFaceBook Pages UAW 160 downloadsEAW ClubMark Twain: I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's.I am now of an age at which I no longer need to suffer fools gladly
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
J-B Weld
by Terl9999 - 10/02/26 11:54 PM
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|