|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27 |
I just started with WOFF, and it is really fantastic with the campaign! Love it!
Being a Fokker Dr.I nut, I found the flight model had some room for improvement. Is there anyone who knows a dev who wouldn't mind getting me in touch? Or anyone know how to mod the FMs so I can improve it for use on my own PC? I've done FM modding on FSX and created a decent replica of my Dr.I flight characteristics.
Thanks in advance!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Chill31;
I have done some as JSGME mods for WOFF in the past. The current BH&H II has new FM's so I hesitate to procide you with my existing ones as they won't be the best fit. I can provide you with a blank JSGME mod that you could use as your base and include the stock DR1 FM in it. PM me if you are interested.
Best Regards
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27 |
Chill31;
I have done some as JSGME mods for WOFF in the past. The current BH&H II has new FM's so I hesitate to procide you with my existing ones as they won't be the best fit. I can provide you with a blank JSGME mod that you could use as your base and include the stock DR1 FM in it. PM me if you are interested.
Best Regards Just sent you a PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75 |
Chill31 the FM base data is stored in the ".xfm" file. So if you want to test you can fly in QC and edit the QC1 version manually in a text editor (after backing up of course). found in ...\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft\Fokker_DR1_QC1\Fokker_DR1_QC1.xfm
That's fine for a player, but note when autopilot is on (or if the FM is changed for other AI aircraft instances such as ..SQ1, ..SQ2 etc) it may have issues for the AI if not properly "trained". We have our tools to edit and train AI to fly etc, but it's not available publicly.
Last edited by Polovski; 04/15/21 01:06 PM. Reason: clarified
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,008 Likes: 13
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac Member
|
|
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac Member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,008 Likes: 13 |
Hi Chill, I am assuming that this is the same Chill of zebra-striped real Fokker Dr.1 fame? If not apologies for the confusion. If you have WOFF UE or PE as well, recommended is to download my FM mods. pack for those versions of WOFF - then, copy-and-paste the relevant FM info. from my tweaked xfm files for the Fokker Dr.1 into the newer xfm file(s) in BHAH.II for the Dr.1 - and test. Do not copy over the "scrape point" entries from my xfm files into the new ones, because the new scrape point entries in BHAH.II are linked to the newer damage modelling, etc., as per Pol's comments on the topic. (You will find three tweaked xfm files in my FM packages - for an early Dr.1, a "gaskammered" edition, also a 150 hp variant possibly flown by Josef Jacobs.) Copying over of the relevant FM values in my tweaks will amplify the already improved FM changes in BHAH.II - but, as per instructions, do not copy over the old scrape point entries. Cheers and happy flying, Von S  P.S. If you are the pilot of the zebra-striped Fokker, how is the 120 hp LeRhone upgrade coming?
Last edited by VonS; 04/14/21 11:49 PM. Reason: Fixed typos.
~ For my various FM/DM/AI/Tuner Mods for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, recommended is to check over this post. For my First Eagles 2 clips, go here. ~
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 251
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 251 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27 |
Chill31 the FM base data is stored in the ".xfm" file. So if you want to test you can fly in QC and edit the QC1 version manually in a text editor (after backing up of course). found in ...\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\aircraft\Fokker_DR1_QC1\Fokker_DR1_QC1.xfm
That's fine for a player, but note when autopilot is on (or other instances are edited which are AI craft, the AI is in control) it may have issues if not properly "trained". We have our tools to edit and train AI to fly etc, but it's not available publicly.
Thank you! QC1 is quick combat? I will work on the Dr.1 and see if I can get something that is an improvement on your already very nice work. If not, I will enjoy the stock game 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27 |
Hi Chill, I am assuming that this is the same Chill of zebra-striped real Fokker Dr.1 fame? If not apologies for the confusion. If you have WOFF UE or PE as well, recommended is to download my FM mods. pack for those versions of WOFF - then, copy-and-paste the relevant FM info. from my tweaked xfm files for the Fokker Dr.1 into the newer xfm file(s) in BHAH.II for the Dr.1 - and test. Do not copy over the "scrape point" entries from my xfm files into the new ones, because the new scrape point entries in BHAH.II are linked to the newer damage modelling, etc., as per Pol's comments on the topic. (You will find three tweaked xfm files in my FM packages - for an early Dr.1, a "gaskammered" edition, also a 150 hp variant possibly flown by Josef Jacobs. Copying over of the relevant FM values in my tweaks will amplify the already improved FM changes in BHAH.II - but, as per instructions, do not copy over the old scrape point entries. Cheers and happy flying, Von S  P.S. If you are the pilot of the zebra-striped Fokker, how is the 120 hp LeRhone upgrade coming? Haha, yes, that's me, the zebra baron. The 120 is running, but I good isn't good enough. It must be perfect, so making some small adjustments prior to taking it up. I will do a search on the forum for your files. If that won't bring them up, would you mind posting a link? Thank you! edit: i see it in your signature block
Last edited by Chill31; 04/14/21 10:41 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75
Hotshot
|
|
Hotshot
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,895 Likes: 75 |
Thank you! QC1 is quick combat? I will work on the Dr.1 and see if I can get something that is an improvement on your already very nice work. If not, I will enjoy the stock game  Yes Quick Combat Chill31. Sounds good 
Last edited by Polovski; 04/15/21 12:33 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108 |
Ya know... some of us here are not just Flight Simmers, but actual aviation professionals and would love to drool all over the pics of your Dr.1... as well as the simmers too... because we LOVE aviation...
Ya know... just saying... not that I am or anything... because if I was, I wouldn't say what aircraft I've worked on (everything Boeing 757 and larger... plus Airbus A330's and up... Concorde... Tri-Stars... etc...) ... or anything like that... never.
Just saying... ya know...
The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!
I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Be still, my palpitating heart!!!
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,084 Likes: 9
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,084 Likes: 9 |
Yeah, pictures would surely be most admired and appreciated by anyone who has actually flown light aircraft, plus has military flight simulator training/experience...and a lifelong dream of flying an actual Dr1. *ahem* 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
|
|
BWOC Survivor!...So Far!! Hotshot
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,997 |
Maybe we should start a thread for such things so we can easily find all these nice home builds and such! That would be cool.
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,287 Likes: 108 |
Heck... we can start a thread for ANYTHING aviation in my opinion. My bib is on and tied tight.... hahahaha.
The Black Baron of Boistrancourt returns!!
I'd rather die fighting, than live for nothing. - Gen. G.S. Patton
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27
Junior Member
|
|
Junior Member
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 27 |
haha cool. I will add a few things to the thread you made.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
|
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
|
|
|
|