SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4547274 12/05/20 06:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
Hello,

Ive downloaded a number of mods, and maybe they aren't in the right order or what not, but I'm still getting the clouds popping in and out. Are there other tweaks I can do to eliminate this? Attached are pics of specs and mods. Example of popping seen here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/826021654?t=02h15m58s


[Linked Image]


[Linked Image]




Also anything you suggest I should upgrade. I know i'm due for a new motherboard processor upgrade.

R.Talbot #4547286 12/05/20 08:11 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,008
Likes: 13
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
Member
WWI Flight Sims on a Mac
Member
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,008
Likes: 13
If you are running the Platinum Ed. of WOFF, I recommend uninstalling the old ver. of the BuckeyeBob cloud/weather modification patch (ver. 2.9.2) - and installing instead ver. 3.0 which is Plat. Ed.-friendly. (see this post for a link to ver. 3.0: https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4334403/optional-cloud-mod). Also, in ver. 3.0, there is a "lighter weather" option if I remember correctly - that, if cloud popping/flickering still occurs, is the recommended install route since the lighter weather package contains less fog (low-lying fog sometimes increases fog, and cloud, popping and flickering). You might also want to remove the ver. 1.2 patch of my WOFF GPU Tuner (since you have 1.1.1, 1.3, 1.4 installed) - although the tuner patch is not related to cloud popping.

Von S smile2

Last edited by VonS; 12/05/20 08:13 PM. Reason: Edited info.

~ For my various FM/DM/AI/Tuner Mods for First Eagles 2, WoFF, RoF & WoTR, recommended is to check over this post. For my First Eagles 2 clips, go here. ~
R.Talbot #4547305 12/05/20 09:40 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
Thanks, I saw the answer inthat other thread and have adjusted accordingly. Since posting this morning I have bit the bullet and ordered new CPU, processor and ram.

R.Talbot #4547335 12/05/20 11:41 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 237
Member
Member
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 237
Wow, that's much better. Somehow I had missed that there was an update for BB's mod for PE duh


Ryzen 9800X3D, 64GB DDR5 RAM, SSD (OS +Games), RTX 5080, Acer Predator Z35p 3440x1440 GSync
R.Talbot #4547337 12/06/20 12:57 AM
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,153
Likes: 1
7
Member
Member
7 Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,153
Likes: 1
Totally off of the cloud topic, but I see that you have installed my WOFF News 4.5 mod. You shouldn't need it as the mod was incorporated into the game by OBD quite a long time ago.

R.Talbot #4547344 12/06/20 03:11 AM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 58
Thanks guys. Yeah any tips would be great. I just got into the game and downloaded almost every mod I could find to get it running better FPS.


Moderated by  Polovski, Winding Man 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
Cydonia Mars
by Terl9999 - 10/01/26 07:22 AM
Steam vs GOG
by Terl9999 - 09/30/26 09:04 PM
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,077,289 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1