SimHQ
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hop To
#4540830 10/14/20 03:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
Hi Again guys,

Since setting EECH up again on my main PC and trying unsuccessfully to get UDPSpeed indicators to work with it I decided to check access to exported data with SIOC as that's how it's set up in my pit (I can't check in the pit as I had a hip replacement 2 weeks ago). Javelin had recently sent me an alternative CommSiocClient which outputs chaff qty, flares qty and up front display data and I'd like to try it out before installing it in the pit.

I installed SIOC on my laptop and set it up as the pit was. Default port is 8092.

I started EECH on the PC and then ALT+TAB back to desktop and started EECHCommSiocClient which said had started successfully. ALT+TAB back in to EECH.

On the laptop i started SIOC and checked that the IOCP server was running and had a client connected on port 8092 (the default one).
I then opened up the IOCPConsole which shows all the variables and their values - all default.

I then started a free flight in the game and let the autopilot fly around for a while. None of the variables changed at all.

Given the problems I've had trying to get the exported data in to UDPSPEED guages and now getting the data in to SIOC, is it possible that something in the dataexport section of EECH has been damaged during one of the recent updates ?

I was using version 1.15.2 in the pit previously and I knw that it all worked with that.

Could someone please throw some ideas at me 'cause I'm not sure where to go next.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy


Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
x


Last edited by BANITA; 10/15/20 05:58 PM.
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
HI Banita,

Thanks for that information. I did not know that. All I had asked for was the addition of flares, chaff and up front display to the export data.

So, where do I go from here ?

I have PM'd him and asked for his help but haven't heard anything back yet.

Cheers,

Andy


Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
x

Last edited by BANITA; 10/15/20 05:57 PM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,386
Hold on! break things is my hobby too.
Last time I've checked comms (about 3 years ago I think, when I tried to add these flare variables for Andy) it did work. As I remember, script reading global variables so it is possible that some of the gameplay changes create such side effect.
Anyway, only way to know truth - check sourcecode. A bit busy now, but hope to back to you this weekend.

B
BANITA
Unregistered
BANITA
Unregistered
B
Ok i edit my posts .for the obvious reason.

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
HI Thealx,

Any help would be very much appreciated. Even if you could explain the process and where in memory the data is exported to would help.

Cheers,

Andy


Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 751
HI Guys,

I found a very old version of CommClient (version 5) and tried installing it. I used the UDPSpeed dash to test as it's quicker to set up.

Some data is getting read !!!

The following worked:
Ribbon Compass
IAS
VS
BAL
RAL
TRQ
GF
FUEL

All within the small left screen. Strangely, the time didn't work and none of the indicators worked either.

Andy


Andy's simpit: http://www.simpit.me.uk

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
.
Social


Recent Topics
It has been a long absence
by Snow46 - 09/30/26 07:36 PM
SpaceX Starship Going to Orbit
by F4UDash4 - 09/28/26 12:37 PM
God Forbid they want to have a bit of fun at work
by NoFlyBoy - 09/22/26 08:50 PM
How a 5" 38 Caliber US Naval Gun Works
by F4UDash4 - 09/19/26 01:20 AM
100% commission based sales
by PanzerMeyer - 09/18/26 04:47 PM
Relativity
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:34 AM
HOA's
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 04:12 AM
Football
by Terl9999 - 09/18/26 02:42 AM
Flags
by Terl9999 - 09/15/26 10:03 PM
September 15th Battle of Britain Day.
by RedToo - 09/15/26 08:06 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
7,075,259 SAM Simulator
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1