It is for me one of the most watchable B-movies ever made. The only scene I don't like is the seemingly never-ending fight between Keith David and Rowdy Roddy Piper.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
I enjoy this til the end which was idiotic. Why drive the bus so slowly and let all them coppers shoot at them? Just floor it. No way those cops didn't shoot each other or get hit by bouncing bullets.
I am just observing when it was made in 1976, there were not many non white male cops and female cops of any race. Police employed primarily white males.
I am just observing when it was made in 1976, there were not many non white male cops and female cops of any race. Police employed primarily white males.
The route of all the ignorance fueling the rioting and burning and looting is this. This kind of talk brings it all back. Color is not the issue, Ignorance is.
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
At least you gave it a shot. It's one of those films that either "does it" for you or it doesn't. Which version did you watch? Did you see the one with the narration by Harrison Ford?
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
At least you gave it a shot. It's one of those films that either "does it" for you or it doesn't. Which version did you watch? Did you see the one with the narration by Harrison Ford?
Final Cut
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
Finish Back to the Future 3. How did Dr. Brown build a time traveling train in 1885 when he didn't have the parts to fix the time traveling Delorean? That ending was just too convenient and also to not have a part 4 ain't right.
Anyone watching Barkskins? It is a 8 part mini series by NatGeo about early New France.
There was only 16 squadrons of RAF fighters that used 100 octane during the BoB. The Fw190A could not fly with the outer cannon removed. There was no Fw190A-8s flying with the JGs in 1945.
Finish Back to the Future 3. How did Dr. Brown build a time traveling train in 1885 when he didn't have the parts to fix the time traveling Delorean? That ending was just too convenient and also to not have a part 4 ain't right.
Note the kids he and his wife bring with them, he had a lot of time to figure it out.
US federal spending per person per year, in constant 2025 dollars: 1925 - $153.00 2025 - $20,497.00
"In the vast library of socialist books, there’s not a single volume on how to create wealth, only how to take and “redistribute” it.” - David Horowitz (RIP)
"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." Thomas Sowell
At least you gave it a shot. It's one of those films that either "does it" for you or it doesn't. Which version did you watch? Did you see the one with the narration by Harrison Ford?
Final Cut
My thoughts exactly when I saw it for the first and only time last year. I guess it is one of those films I can say I saw, so I can understand the cultural reference point, but really, that is a couple of hours of my life I am never getting back.
My thoughts exactly when I saw it for the first and only time last year. I guess it is one of those films I can say I saw, so I can understand the cultural reference point, but really, that is a couple of hours of my life I am never getting back.
Essentially the same thing happened to me when I watched "Citizen Kane" for the first time a few years ago. Yes, I got why it was a big deal from a technical standpoint and how it was ahead of its time but the story and characters did nothing for me. I watched it once and never felt compelled to watch it again.
Last edited by PanzerMeyer; 10/10/2009:51 PM.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Finish Back to the Future 3. How did Dr. Brown build a time traveling train in 1885 when he didn't have the parts to fix the time traveling Delorean? That ending was just too convenient and also to not have a part 4 ain't right.
Yup. In fact both the second and the third films were shot back to back. If you ask me though they should have stopped after the second film.
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”